Waived: Cannone

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I have Mr. Irving on my keeper team. I don't think he has had injury problems, but he has not had a good 12-13 season. He has barely played in the AHL because of being outplayed by Brust and another guy.

He had a great start to the season last year and was called up for a bit when Karlsson was injured and didn't look out of place in the NHL.

I wouldn't bother with him considering our goaltending depth is quite strong.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
He was ancient anyways.

26 years old? So is Condra, Greening, Regin, and Bishop. Another HF'er dissing someone who isn't below the age of 22 or swedish.

Hopefully opening a spot Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie)
CGY puts Henrik Karlsson and Irving Leland on waivers..Add another Goalie Murray

We have enough goalies - how many right-handed centres do we have that consistently win faceoffs especially late in a tight game in our own zone?

Because he's not very good.

43 pts on last years depleted roster - guy was doing all he could while also taking minuses for his teams' lack of accountability. Think what you want - he's Fisher 2.0 and that's all I need to know.

I remember hearing somewhere he basically has no knees left, is that true?

Pure conjecture with nothing to back it up. Maybe true but I'd rather see a link proving this. And if so, then who the hell can criticise the guy for getting as far as he has?

Oh no! Mike Fisher got waived, lolololol

Puzzles me that we can get a 1st and 3rd for Fisher yet we just waive Cannone...

I would put a claim on Palmieri.

We already have enough lefties and besides lefties (like gingers) have no souls and are evil. Righties are a dying breed and we should have been driving this guy around in a limo as a show of appreciation for deciding to sign with Ottawa / Bingo. Ottawa and Bingo both need more right handed shots and waiving this - whether it is compliance or not - is not going to solve the much larger problems of both teams.

As long as he stays in Bingo that's fine because it means he's ready to assume an Ottawa role as soon as a spot opens. If he's picked up by NYI then it will be a rough day for Ottawa when the Isles come to town. Murray will rue this day - mark my words.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I really have (or had?) no idea who he is. Cool name I guess.

I'll trust you though over the Senators brass though.

Why would they waive this guy?!?!?

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Maindot you need to switch to decaf. I like Cannone too, but in all honesty, he isn't going to have a snowballs chance in hell of cracking this Ottawa lineup. He's a very good AHL centerman, but that's really all he is and all he will ever probably end up being. I like having him on the team because he's the kind of guy that can step in when call-ups happen and produce and compete.

If we do end up losing him it would be bad for business when call-ups do occur. However, they must figure that he can be easily replaced, which he probably can, if they made this move. Even if Cannone is a healthy scratch this team is still **** on the forward end of things.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Please claim Irving. Hes got some potential.

You do realize that you have to keep a player that claim off waivers with the NHL team? If you want to send them down they have to clear waivers again. Think you have to keep them with the NHL team for a period of time too, but I don't recall that precisely.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
You do realize that you have to keep a player that claim off waivers with the NHL team? If you want to send them down they have to clear waivers again. Think you have to keep them with the NHL team for a period of time too, but I don't recall that precisely.

That's fine. Let Bishop and Lehner jockey it out in the AHL. BATTLE ROYALE!
The author of this post is probably not serious.

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN
We already have enough lefties and besides lefties (like gingers) have no souls and are evil. Righties are a dying breed and we should have been driving this guy around in a limo as a show of appreciation for deciding to sign with Ottawa / Bingo. Ottawa and Bingo both need more right handed shots and waiving this - whether it is compliance or not - is not going to solve the much larger problems of both teams.

As long as he stays in Bingo that's fine because it means he's ready to assume an Ottawa role as soon as a spot opens. If he's picked up by NYI then it will be a rough day for Ottawa when the Isles come to town. Murray will rue this day - mark my words.

:laugh:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The guy is the freaking MVP of the Sens board. Think of how many people have been able to feel a connection to our farm team, SOLELY because Main has given us Ottawa fans an opportunity to watch for free.

This. This. 1 million times THIS. We can't thank Main enough.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
26 years old? So is Condra, Greening, Regin, and Bishop. Another HF'er dissing someone who isn't below the age of 22 or swedish.

We have enough goalies - how many right-handed centres do we have that consistently win faceoffs especially late in a tight game in our own zone?

43 pts on last years depleted roster - guy was doing all he could while also taking minuses for his teams' lack of accountability. Think what you want - he's Fisher 2.0 and that's all I need to know.

Pure conjecture with nothing to back it up. Maybe true but I'd rather see a link proving this. And if so, then who the hell can criticise the guy for getting as far as he has?

Long time lurker and benefactor of Main's bingo game feed services. Mucho gracias for this Main.

But to say Murray will rue this day is simply not true. The guy is a decent AHLer no question. But hes not exactly the fastest guy out there. His game is not going to transition to the NHL. There is no chance this guy is claimed by any team. Noone will waste an NHL roster spot on him.

There is lots of guys thay are great in the ahl that are near awful in the NHL....Looking at you Ryan Potulny, Denis Hamel, Corey Locke, etc. All these guys were great for the bingo team. Id even argue all better then Cannone by some margin. Yet we don't "rue" these guys now that they are gone.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Long time lurker and benefactor of Main's bingo game feed services. Mucho gracias for this Main.

But to say Murray will rue this day is simply not true. The guy is a decent AHLer no question. But hes not exactly the fastest guy out there. His game is not going to transition to the NHL. There is no chance this guy is claimed by any team. Noone will waste an NHL roster spot on him.

There is lots of guys thay are great in the ahl that are near awful in the NHL....Looking at you Ryan Potulny, Denis Hamel, Corey Locke, etc. All these guys were great for the bingo team. Id even argue all better then Cannone by some margin. Yet we don't "rue" these guys now that they are gone.

shhhh, don't burst main's bubble.
also, welcome to the club. (i'm fairly new as a poster as well, so i don't know if i'm part of the club yet.)

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Maindot you need to switch to decaf. I like Cannone too, but in all honesty, he isn't going to have a snowballs chance in hell of cracking this Ottawa lineup.

Absolute BS and I expect something a little more out of a Binghamton native. If Fisher made the team as a 4th liner at age 18 then I'm sure Cannone can make it as a #2 centre at 26.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Absolute BS and I expect something a little more out of a Binghamton native. If Fisher made the team as a 4th liner at age 18 then I'm sure Cannone can make it as a #2 centre at 26.

One cannot argue with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad