GDT: Canes visiting in LA vs Kings

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Here's another vote to stop the repeated *****ing and moaning. It's why I have reduced my visits to this board...new guys are making things worse for the old crowd who'd found healthier ways to cope with this team sucking.

Read the room. Find a way to make it fun...that's the HFCanes M.O.

Well we don't have CI to post pictures of himself shirtless in the snow anymore so someone is gonna have to step up and make a play.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
That's telling. You're obviously a die-hard fan. I know several STH who called themselves die hards, but they stopped renewing 2 seasons ago or more. The 2009 run renewed the 2006 ferver in Raleigh, but it's 2018-19 and the well is drying up.
It's not fun anymore. I get mad even considering going to games. I know we're gonna find a way to be boring and lose.

Used to be I could at least enjoy watching the kids... but now I just find myself wondering when we're gonna trade them and watch them be great somewhere else.

I spent a decade trying to be an optimist. But here we are again, still a bazillion dollars under the cap, still a boring bubble team, still treading water, and watching our formerly good players being better in someone else's colors.

Feels bad, man. Real bad.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
A poster at Canes & Coffee compared Aho/Teravainen/Svechnikov at this point in their careers with Tavares/Wheeler/Hall. There were no deep analytics, just goals/assists at the same stage of their careers.

But that is pretty optimistic. I would think the Canes haven't had three players to compare in any way to league stars in many years.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
It's not fun anymore. I get mad even considering going to games. I know we're gonna find a way to be boring and lose.

Used to be I could at least enjoy watching the kids... but now I just find myself wondering when we're gonna trade them and watch them be great somewhere else.

I spent a decade trying to be an optimist. But here we are again, still a bazillion dollars under the cap, still a boring bubble team, still treading water, and watching our formerly good players being better in someone else's colors.

Feels bad, man. Real bad.

The start of the season is what has really hurt for me. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching this team as much as those first few games. And then reality happened. At least being pissed off is an emotional response to something you care about, I'm not even pissed off anymore.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The start of the season is what has really hurt for me. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching this team as much as those first few games. And then reality happened. At least being pissed off is an emotional response to something you care about, I'm not even pissed off anymore.

Exactly this.

"Hope is the worst of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." --Nietzsche

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
"Hope was born as the result of a scandalous affair between Brooke Logan and Deacon Sharpe, who at the time was married to Brooke's oldest daughter, and Hope's older sister, Bridget Forrester. Whip Jones married Brooke to give the baby a name and hide its paternity, but Brooke was disgraced when the truth came out. Brooke hid at the Big Bear cabin, where she went into labor. Brooke's nemesis, Stephanie Douglas, had actually been trying to help Brooke turn over a new leaf and came to the rescue along with Bridget, and together, Stephanie and Bridget delivered Brooke's baby."

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Here's another vote to stop the repeated *****ing and moaning. It's why I have reduced my visits to this board...new guys are making things worse for the old crowd who'd found healthier ways to cope with this team sucking.

You can call me out. It's ok.

I see you joined in 2006. I actually go back to October or November 2005 if I'm being honest here. Maybe it's the team just sucks and bitching about "new" posters makes you feel better than bitching about the team. Gotta have something to feel superior about because we all know following this hockey team isn't going to do that.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
That’s when I joined *this* forum.
I was a member of a different forum for a few years before that.
An “everyday” fan of this team from Jan 2000 until Jan 2014.
I returned the day they traded EStaal.

I’ve seen a lot of bad with this team, and this isn’t even *close* to the worst of it.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
That’s when I joined *this* forum.
I was a member of a different forum for a few years before that.
An “everyday” fan of this team from Jan 2000 until Jan 2014.
I returned the day they traded EStaal.

I’ve seen a lot of bad with this team, and this isn’t even *close* to the worst of it.

It's their ninth year out of the playoffs, working on their tenth.

But okay.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Ok buddy. So they didn't I guess.
Facts

What are you getting at, in this thread, reporting on Calgary's goal totals? What does that have to do with anything. If you're just here to kick people while they're down then seems to me, it's troll behavior. If you're an actual fan, mad and bitter about the trades, I get it. We're all dealing with it, but the folks continually talking about how well Jeff and Lindholm are doing are trolling whether that's the intent or not.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
What are you getting at, in this thread, reporting on Calgary's goal totals? What does that have to do with anything. If you're just here to kick people while they're down then seems to me, it's troll behavior. If you're an actual fan, mad and bitter about the trades, I get it. We're all dealing with it, but the folks continually talking about how well Jeff and Lindholm are doing are trolling whether that's the intent or not.

I think it’s reasonable to suggest that Peters system didn’t actually repel goal scoring.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Positive news - Canes at the moment rank 4th best in the league for goals against. The last time a team finished top 5 in goals against and missed the playoffs was the 2009 Wild. The Wild ranked 2nd best in the league that year and missed the playoffs by 2 points. So odds say looking at that statistic, we should make the playoffs if we stay top 5 in goals against.

Negative news - Canes at the moment rank 2nd worst in the league in goals for. The last time a bottom 5 team in goals for made the playoffs was the 2011-2012 LA Kings, who ranked 2nd last in goals for that year. So odds say looking at that statistic, we should miss the playoffs if we stay bottom 5 in goals for.

All in all our odds look more positive, than negative since we aren't giving up a lot goals. There's still hope for this season even though we can't score goals.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
And saying that Peters' system might work means that I was wrong by saying much of the problem the past four seasons (missing the playoffs) was due to coaching.

I come here as a fan and to voice an opinion. Sometimes others have insight (or even inside information) that makes my fandom more enjoyable.

Likewise, new insights/information can make me reconsider my opinions. In a Bayesian sense, the fact that BP is coaching an offensively potent team makes me reconsider my prior opinion. For me at least, having an opinion that improves as information changes is important.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
And saying that Peters' system might work means that I was wrong by saying much of the problem the past four seasons (missing the playoffs) was due to coaching.

I come here as a fan and to voice an opinion. Sometimes others have insight (or even inside information) that makes my fandom more enjoyable.

Likewise, new insights/information can make me reconsider my opinions. In a Bayesian sense, the fact that BP is coaching an offensively potent team makes me reconsider my prior opinion. For me at least, having an opinion that improves as information changes is important.

Great. That's a healthy approach. At this point maybe a thread should be started to discuss All things Calgary, and Jeff Skinner. My original post was directed at FlyingSquirrels for obvious reasons. I'm over it, so dropping it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->