Confirmed with Link: Canes to Host 2023 Stadium Series Game at Carter-Finley Stadium (2/18/23 vs Washington)

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Another positive, is even if we miss the playoffs this year (in spite of likely putting together an awfully good season), they will probably tie at least some of the ticket sales for this event into small season ticket packages, so this type of event can still keep the momentum going. I'm just basing that on the fact I had to buy a 5 game plan to get first pick of seats for the Winter Classic.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Anyway, I'm absolutely going to this. One; it will most definitely NOT be on national TV or discussed since it's the Hurricanes, and two; I do want to see North Carolina and pass through the Smoky Mountains as a "bucket list" item. Hopefully by then, I'll have gotten a car finally as... well, Greyhound sucks and the United States of America will never, ever adopt railroads as a viable means of transportation ever again.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Anyway, I'm absolutely going to this. One; it will most definitely NOT be on national TV or discussed since it's the Hurricanes, and two; I do want to see North Carolina and pass through the Smoky Mountains as a "bucket list" item. Hopefully by then, I'll have gotten a car finally as... well, Greyhound sucks and the United States of America will never, ever adopt railroads as a viable means of transportation ever again.

my wife and daughter found the train worked well from DC to Raleigh. Can’t sleep on it because the horn is sounding every 30 seconds but it wasn’t a bad trip.

I wouldn’t recommend the Smokies in February. Even if there’s not a snow issue, there’s a good chance of just cold rain and terrible visibility.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Oh, and woe for the FCS schools that played there a week later and you might as well count the number of light bulbs in the grandstand light fixtures compared to those that attended.

I could go over a lot of stories from that game, but I'll just say Bristol was woefully unprepared for a football game. They literally ran out of water in the first quarter after a full day of sunny 90 degree weather. And they were not prepared for everyone to filter into the stadium at once and had a 30-60 minute backup at more than a few gates as they tried to single file people through half staffed entry points. Just silly

Oh it'll be on national TV. NBC has the rights to it and they'll have a national broadcast. They're obligated to do that. Whether they like it or not, we are getting a national game in Raleigh next year.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
:yo:

Personally I'd like to see the game be against the Lightning. Yeah Caps makes sense but the Bolts have also never played in an outdoor game. Kill two birds with one stone and have it be against two Sunbelt teams. Plus I guarantee some blogger out there would write a hilariously bitter article about it.

Either way I'm just glad it's happening. Hopefully it won't be unseasonably warm that day.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I could go over a lot of stories from that game, but I'll just say Bristol was woefully unprepared for a football game. They literally ran out of water in the first quarter after a full day of sunny 90 degree weather. And they were not prepared for everyone to filter into the stadium at once and had a 30-60 minute backup at more than a few gates as they tried to single file people through half staffed entry points. Just silly

Oh it'll be on national TV. NBC has the rights to it and they'll have a national broadcast. They're obligated to do that. Whether they like it or not, we are getting a national game in Raleigh next year.

When was the last time NBC/NBCsn even came to Raleigh? 2006 (which would have been well before the cable network)? I swear our one or two national games a year are always on the road. I think we had a little bit better track record with Versus.

Edit: Nevermind, last years playoffs. Duh :facepalm:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Some are speculating Pittsburgh with the JR connection plus the obvious national draw one assumes. Granted, I follow the Caps and don't hear much from that reporter and who knows if that source would know.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad