Confirmed with Link: Canes to Host 2023 Stadium Series Game at Carter-Finley Stadium (2/18/23 vs Washington)

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

upload_2020-2-15_12-16-36.gif

Sounds like it’s happening. Pretty hyped for a day of tailgating and outdoor hockey! Who you hoping we play?

My wish is the Caps to build on that rivalry.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
From what I've heard they want to make the price point affordable for college students and that required them to guarantee all tickets would be sold. Canes are banking on this being an broader NC event rather than just an outdoor Canes game. More of a premier College Gameday style with tailgating, fanfare, and complimentary side events.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
From what I've heard they want to make the price point affordable for college students and that required them to guarantee all tickets would be sold. Canes are banking on this being an broader NC event rather than just an outdoor Canes game. More of a premier College Gameday style with tailgating, fanfare, and complimentary side events.

Would be fun to get the NC State & UNC club teams a game on the outdoor ice too.

HF26 tailgate???

Heck yeah, I'd be in for that!

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Already trying to think out where the best place to get seats will be. I feel like the lower bowl might not be the best option at an outdoor game as for the site lines. Any of you attend these outdoor games? If so any input?
I think upper lower bowl at the Carter is the way to go. Lower upper a close second.

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
I'll definitely go and I know my sister in Nashville will come. If we play the Caps, I think some friends from DC will come too

Reactions: Unsustainable

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Absolutely will intend to be there. Wife is a Caps fan. It may have been a baseball stadium, but I'll confirm that high level seats were the best from their Winter Classic.

I am incredibly excited for this. All local fan bases deserve this. I get why it's not the same tv spectacle anymore, but it's super fun in person.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I had some pretty far back seats for the game at the big house in ann arbor but didnt feel like I was too far away or missing anything at all. I havent been to Carter finley in 20+ years but I imagine it would be about the same. I was probably further away from the field in that stadium than would be possible to get at this one

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad