Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Svechnikov

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
"Знакомимся ближе" с Андреем Свечниковым | Национальная хоккейная лига
Hello you "Bunch of Jerks"! I have started translating all interviews in the series Знакомимся ближе", from the NHL in Russian site.
Here is the recent interview with Andrei Svechnikov #37 from last Thursday.
The main points from the interview:
  • According to Russian media, Andrei is seen as very humble.
  • He feels very appreciated Carolina and always has a positive mindset.
  • The reporter asks him if the NHL season is like a marathon. Andrei answers that it's more like 82 single races. For him every single game is important and you should fight each night for every point. He says that a missed point in October can cost you the playoffs.
  • Does he often see his brother Evgeny, who is playing for the Red Wings? He says that the schedule is really tough (obviously) and he unfortunately has no free time to see his brother. They have last seen each other during the summer. After that he stayed to train in Russia and his brother went to Detroit. (He was expecting to see his brother on 1 November during the Canes-Wings game; so i guess they have seen each other now). But they always watch the tape of their games and constantly talk to each other.
  • What about his relatives in Russia, do they watch his games during the night / early morning (around 3 in the morning in Russia)? It turns out that they do. He says that his grandfather is a really big hockey fan and he always watches his games, sometimes with his grandma. He thanks them very much!
  • Do his parents come to visit him in Carolina? His parents come very frequently to Carolina (and also to Detroit for his brother).
  • He is asked if he is happy that the coach says positive stuff about him. He answers that it is always great, but you must also always be aware how you play for yourself. He does not think about the positives, but about he negative things, which must be worked on. It's very important. He always hopes that his next game will be better than the last.
  • He says that you must do everything to help your team and never allow yourself to fly in the clouds.
That's it guys. When a Russian speaks to Russian media - there are more open answers. Unfortunately, this interview seems to be shorter than the other 3 so far and has more "meat and potato" answers.
I hope you enyoy! Keep in mind that I am not a professional translator and actually neither English or Russian are my first language.
I hope that now with this translation I have become, a bit of a "Jerk" myself. Hope you will accept me from time to time!, because my first love has always been the Maple Leafs and ... we are really soft. :)
Good luck and all the best to all of you!!!

Elsker

Jul 3, 2008
Downtown Raleigh
  • The reporter asks him if the NHL season is like a marathon. Andrei answers that it's more like 82 single races. For him every single game is important and you should fight each night for every point. He says that a missed point in October can cost you the playoffs.

This guy gets it.

"Win the day."
- Rod Brind'Amour.

Thanks, Rogue Leader!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad