Confirmed with Link: Canes Sign PDG (1 yr, $750,000)

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Wasn't it barely two years ago when people were mad that Stalberg was gonna take a spot from shiny prospect PDG? And then Stalberg was good and PDG was pretty much horrific? I don't think penciling with someone 3 NHL games played is a good idea. If they're actually better then they'll get a spot and PDG will be the 13/14th forward or maybe waived. Nestrasil got waived and sent to the AHL a few season back even though he had a one-way deal.

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Is Martinook really slotted in as a starter? .25-ish career PPG and any minor league success seems impossible in the NHL. Doesn't seem very big, but maybe he's a "gritty' guy? Not a ton of PIMs (45 in 81 games) so not sure there either. If he was part of the "take Kruger please" deal then is it possible he doesn't make it out of camp?

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Is Martinook really slotted in as a starter? .25-ish career PPG and any minor league success seems impossible in the NHL. Doesn't seem very big, but maybe he's a "gritty' guy? Not a ton of PIMs (45 in 81 games) so not sure there either. If he was part of the "take Kruger please" deal then is it possible he doesn't make it out of camp?
Aside from cherry picking a few stats, you obviously did no research on Martinook. He's exactly what our 4th line needs.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Wasn't it barely two years ago when people were mad that Stalberg was gonna take a spot from shiny prospect PDG? And then Stalberg was good and PDG was pretty much horrific? I don't think penciling with someone 3 NHL games played is a good idea. If they're actually better then they'll get a spot and PDG will be the 13/14th forward or maybe waived. Nestrasil got waived and sent to the AHL a few season back even though he had a one-way deal.

I still miss Stalberg. The dude lacked finish, but man could he skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->