Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Aaron Palushaj to 1 year deal

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677720

RALEIGH, NC – Ron Francis, Vice President of Hockey Operations of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with right wing Aaron Palushaj (pul-LOO-shigh) on a one-year contract. The deal will pay Palushaj $600,000 on the NHL level or $175,000 on the American Hockey League (AHL) level with a guarantee of at least $225,000.
“Aaron is still a young player and has some NHL experience under his belt,†said Francis. “He has good speed and good hands and we believe he can push for a job in Raleigh come September.â€

Palushaj, 23, scored two goals and added seven assists (9 points) in 25 games for the Colorado Avalanche in 2012-13, averaging 11:18 of ice time per game. The Livonia, MI, native also played 21 games with the Montreal Canadiens’ American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, Hamilton, prior to being acquired by Colorado on waivers on Feb. 5, totaling 10 points (7g, 3a). Palushaj (5’11â€, 187 lbs.) established a career high in NHL games played with Montreal in 2011-12, when he appeared in 38 contests.

Could be a 4th line candidate.

Obviously the big name FA JR was hinting at.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
On pace for a 30 point season last year if you take it over 82 games, and in just 11 minutes TOI. Not bad! And we need winger depth badly in this org. Good signing.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
40 contracts now, with 3RFAs left to sign, an AHL goalie yet to sign, and likely 2 more UFAs to sign (one for a minor/13th forward spot, one major) this is likely goodbye Chad. Probably could add another AHL forward or so for depth as well.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Am I the only one who thinks this is a depth signing for the Checkers as a prelude to a move?

Scoring help for when Dalpe and Nash make the big club. I still say at best we'll get a little sandpaper for the 3rd line. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Sutter or Blanchard play most of the season there.

Thinking lines will end up:

Tlusty/Estaal/Semin
Skinner/Jstaal/Lindholm
Ruutu/UFA/Dalpe
Welsh/Nash/Sutter
Bowman

Pitkanen/Faulk
Sekera/Gleason
Komi/Harry
Murphy
Bellemore

Ward
Anton

I could see some Checker being moved as part of a deal that would free up money for the UFA. So Dalpe, Nash, bowman, Welsh, etc. could all be a piece of any move to clear salary cap space.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Smurf out of Michigan with strong work ethic and obvious skating deficiences.

What is Chad LaRose?

No, this guy.

medium_Palushaj_Aaron_jersey.jpg

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
After listening to several people "attempt" to pronounce his name, it has come to my attention, that we may have in fact signed a Super Villain. :sarcasm:

fast forward to 0:33

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3