GDT: Canes @ Sabres 7pm: Round 2

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
Agreed. With the addition of Ellis and Westgarth, the average IQ of the team probably rose 10 points.

I don't get the way we're using Westgarth. I mean, we certainly didn't get him for his hockey skills, so why is Gleason the won dropping the gloves (and taking the instigator)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Say what???

3-on-1 with an empty net. Doesn't shoot, doesn't pass. Gets stick checked and hooked, still doesn't pass it off. Instead, gets far too fancy for a goal that should have been a simple shot.

Do I need to post the Stefan video to illustrate what happens when players get too fancy with ENGs?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I don't think Skinner was getting fancy. I think he was trying to avoid a turnover causing the puck to go the other way. Even if he doesn't score, he could eat the puck and not have the other Canes up ice get screwed in a transition play.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
3-on-1 with an empty net. Doesn't shoot, doesn't pass. Gets stick checked and hooked, still doesn't pass it off. Instead, gets far too fancy for a goal that should have been a simple shot.

Do I need to post the Stefan video to illustrate what happens when players get too fancy with ENGs?
Agreed and he almost cost us the game when he whiffed on a prime scoring chance and then sent a blind pass to the point that got picked off. His goal was an illegitimate goal if I've ever seen one.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
yeah. i think we've got bigger things in life to worry about than a goal scorer finishing a play.

mcbain belongs in the top 4. he has shown it again. i guess the only reason he was sat at all was corvo getting paid to be here and sangs minor league production wowing the brass. two times now he has outlasted strange early season decisions to show hes one of our best options. better poise with the puck than anyone of the d other than pitts, good outlets. he's no defensive stalwart but hes improved and is better than both corvo and sangs to me. he's just become a real solid two way guy. he belongs to stay in the top 4.

dalpe is showing he is a solid consistent winger with great jump as well. bowman is himself, but hes working hard. not sure why boychuk is getting the short stick. he did all the team asked while in the minors, and did nothing to truly deserve getting benched. that first game was an abomination, and boychuk was hardly the cause. get frustrated for the kid. i do think dalpe is has the more consistent offensive game, simpler but also easier to find a role for. maybe boychuk wont ever make it, but i dont think we've seen him get a fair shot here. argue all you want about the past, he earned a legit shot this season and isnt getting it. we'll see what happens if a couple of guys go down. id assume hed get back in.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm glad we have not only a backup but something of a 1B goalie. I'm also glad the Gleason Ott saga continues for at least another month and a half.

I'm pretty sure the Gleason-Ott is going to go on for as long as these two are still playing, and probably long afterwards too.

Phillicane

Mar 18, 2011
Just throwing this out there....the Joe Corvo Fulcrum Theory. If Corvo plays like he gives a Flying ****ing Buttress the Hurricanes play like NHL Elite.

Skinner absorbers a few tackles and with no whistles and gives the crowd the final well earned FU !

Last edited by a moderator:

Phillicane

Mar 18, 2011
Just throwing this out there....the Joe Corvo Fulcrum Theory. If Corvo plays like he gives a Flying ****ing Buttress the Hurricanes play like NHL Elite.

Skinner absorbers a few tackles and with no whistles and gives the crowd the final well earned FU !

Dave, I haven't seen that much editing since I've been on the Cane official site....scary.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
It sounds like Muller wants to have seven defensemen because of the short season. I hope we can secure a playoff spot early because we can't afford to wear out the guys.. Esp. when the back end is so weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->