GDT: CANES @ PREDS

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I think it's more to do with what geehaad said in the other thread. Wallmark is a C and the team is precariously thin at that position. IMO, if Wallmark makes it over Foegele, it isn't because he's been better, it's because he plays a position of greater need, which is a valid reason to keep a guy around.
Very well could be true, and I actually could see Wallmark staying around for that reason and also just because we don't want to lose him to waivers since we don't have much in the pipeline after Wallmark or Bishop. PDG, Martinook (if he moves over to wing) and to a lesser extent McGinn (hasn't been great this preseason but is obviously much safer the previous two for now), better bring it every night because Foegele is coming for their jobs if they don't.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Very well could be true, and I actually could see Wallmark staying around for that reason and also just because we don't want to lose him to waivers since we don't have much in the pipeline after Wallmark or Bishop. PDG, Martinook (if he moves over to wing) and to a lesser extent McGinn (hasn't been great this preseason but is obviously much safer the previous two for now), better bring it every night because Foegele is coming for their jobs if they don't.

vy7g7eL.jpg

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I just watched the Washington game. Foegele was noticeable for much of the game.
Wallmark wasn't noticeable, but was solid. He just plays a much different game than Foegele. While Foegele is apparent for his constant energy and aggressive forechecking, Wallmark is almost always in the correct position, which is more important for a C. He made one backhand pass from behind the net to DiGuiseppe that was gorgeous. He also made several quick passes in the defensive zone to transition away from danger into attack. Wallmark is not flashy, but I think he might have everyone's respect by the end of October if he sticks.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
There's a high schooler(I think he is in high school could just be a loser though) in my neighborhood that passes by my house multiple times during the day in a golf cart. He is also blaring gangster rap music as he cruises the neighborhood streets which are full of kids playing soccer, hockey, and flag foot ball along with adults. It's always funny seeing this wanna be gangsta roll by in his gold cart.

Anyways, where I am getting at is thay we haven't had many goals scored against us yet so Wallmark must be doing his job.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
There's a high schooler(I think he is in high school could just be a loser though) in my neighborhood that passes by my house multiple times during the day in a golf cart. He is also blaring gangster rap music as he cruises the neighborhood streets which are full of kids playing soccer, hockey, and flag foot ball along with adults. It's always funny seeing this wanna be gangsta roll by in his gold cart.

Anyways, where I am getting at is thay we haven't had many goals scored against us yet so Wallmark must be doing his job.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I just watched the Washington game. Foegele was noticeable for much of the game.
Wallmark wasn't noticeable, but was solid. He just plays a much different game than Foegele. While Foegele is apparent for his constant energy and aggressive forechecking, Wallmark is almost always in the correct position, which is more important for a C. He made one backhand pass from behind the net to DiGuiseppe that was gorgeous. He also made several quick passes in the defensive zone to transition away from danger into attack. Wallmark is not flashy, but I think he might have everyone's respect by the end of October if he sticks.
I was more of a lurker on these boards for a number of years before becoming active, but isn't that description kind of similar to how a lot of folks described Nash? Quiet, solid but not super noticeable, jack of all trades master of none but occasionally surprises?

Last edited:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I was more of a lurker on these boards for a number of years before becoming active, but isn't that description kind of similar to how a lot of folks described Nash? Quiet, solid but not super noticeable, jack of all trades master of none but occasionally surprises?

Wallmark needs to show he can occasionally surprise first. He may very well be Riley Nash, but that's a step up from what he's shown on the ice.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Can I just say how excited I am about tonight’s game? This will be the best I’ve ever been able to “scout” the Canes young players - AHL and Traverse City streams are borderline unwatchable. Very thankful that RBA chose to play them instead of using this as a regular season tuneup.

Edit: but darn. Apparently the Predators decided to also broadcast today, and that’s what I’m getting in Atlanta.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006

mrw-oc-informs-7kFiPRhn3aDYs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad