Proposal: Canes / Preds

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
To Preds:

Skinner + Faulk + 2019 Conditional 1st (2nd if Canes miss the playoffs)

To Canes:

Rinne + Subban

—-

Preds save 6m in cap, Skinner has more value than Rinne, Faulk is lesser than Subban, but will replace him on the right side, so it’s Skinner for Rinne, and Faulk + Cond 1st for Subban.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheriff bart

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I thought the reason why Subban was speculated to be traded was because of cap reasons with Ellis due for a raise next summer and Josi the one after that (Huge raise incoming).

I doubt they'd want to add Skinner next summer and Faulk the one after that to the puzzle.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I thought the reason why Subban was speculated to be traded was because of cap reasons with Ellis due for a raise next summer and Josi the one after that (Huge raise incoming).

I doubt they'd want to add Skinner next summer and Faulk the one after that to the puzzle.

They can always flip Skinner or Faulk at the TDL.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is based on the rumors of Rinne being on the block and Subban issues with the locker room.
Do we have a source for those this time other than disgruntled Habs fans and Habs reporters? They keep insisting it's going to happen "someday" and will play the confirmation bias game all day trying to insist "see? see? this one quote taken out of context is vaguely suggestive of a possible problem therefore HE'S POISONING THE ROOM".

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Do we have a source for those this time other than disgruntled Habs fans and Habs reporters? They keep insisting it's going to happen "someday" and will play the confirmation bias game all day trying to insist "see? see? this one quote taken out of context is vaguely suggestive of a possible problem therefore HE'S POISONING THE ROOM".

Might be the source of it, I am just going by what I’ve read.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
There are many and varied good valid reasons why this is not a workable trade. That's not one of them.

Well Subban doesn't have one so he wouldn't have a choice. I think it's a perfectly valid reason for Rinne though. Mainly because I don't think Poile would even entertain offers forcing him to decide whether he wanted to go somewhere else.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I'll repeat what I said on our board, this is pretty terrible and we'd need to add more than conditional '19 first (ignoring the fantasy land aspect where both of them waive). Rinne and Skinner can be a wash given their 1 yr remaining, but the gap between Subban and Faulk is significantly greater than a conditional 1st.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
To Preds:

Skinner + Faulk + 2019 Conditional 1st (2nd if Canes miss the playoffs)

To Canes:

Rinne + Subban

—-

Preds save 6m in cap, Skinner has more value than Rinne, Faulk is lesser than Subban, but will replace him on the right side, so it’s Skinner for Rinne, and Faulk + Cond 1st for Subban.
That's pretty bad...
You could probably call Rinne and Skinner a wash but Subban>>>Faulk and a 1st next year doesn't come close to bridging the gap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad