Proposal: Canes / Knights

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Change Glass to Suzuki and I still do it as a Canes fan. But I think both Miller and that 1st are fairly valuable plus I am bullish on Dansk (although that decision making might be drunk on the Canes current tandem).

Reactions: Unsustainable

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Miller just signed a pretty nice contract and he's coming off a better season than Faulk. Faulk is probably the better player, but I think VGK have the upper hand on this one. Idk why they would give that much.

And if they didn't want to trade Glass in a trade for Karlsson, I've a hard time imagining him being available for Skinner/Faulk.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Skinner for the 1st and Dansk is reasonable, but uncomfortably risky for Vegas. The difference between Miller and Faulk is not Glass.

If the Knights miss out on Karlsson, Faulk is the next best alternative, assuming Trouba re-signs. I don't think he's worth giving up Glass for, but Suzuki might be workable base for both sides, if the Knights still want to address the defense at that point.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
That's hilariously bad for LVK. Glass is a blue chip prospect and Miller is one an incredible deal.

1st and Dansk is about what it would take for 1 year of skinner given his strong NTC strongly limiting his options and Miller is probably worth more than Faulk at this point.

Even going beyond how lopsided this is are Skinner and Faulk that big of needs for LVK to begin with who already have great puck moving D and solid depth at wing as is.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
That's hilariously bad for LVK. Glass is a blue chip prospect and Miller is one an incredible deal.

1st and Dansk is about what it would take for 1 year of skinner given his strong NTC strongly limiting his options and Miller is probably worth more than Faulk at this point.

Even going beyond how lopsided this is are Skinner and Faulk that big of needs for LVK to begin with who already have great puck moving D and solid depth at wing as is.

I think you could replace Miller w/another asset and the deal is still attractive from the Canes point of view. One would also think the value immediately rises if Skinner agrees, in advance, to a contract with VGK. Then perhaps an asset like Miller does go back the other way. Otherwise, maybe replace Glass w/Suzuki and Miller with Lucas Elvenes or some such...

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I think you could replace Miller w/another asset and the deal is still attractive from the Canes point of view. One would also think the value immediately rises if Skinner agrees, in advance, to a contract with VGK. Then perhaps an asset like Miller does go back the other way. Otherwise, maybe replace Glass w/Suzuki and Miller with Lucas Elvenes or some such...

1) I think there is never any good reason to work under the assumption that a player about to hit UFA will agree to an extension other than fans wanting to optimistically avoid an element of risk about the situation.

2) The deal always heavily favored Car so changing it to "work for them" was never an issue.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
1) I think there is never any good reason to work under the assumption that a player about to hit UFA will agree to an extension other than fans wanting to optimistically avoid an element of risk about the situation.

2) The deal always heavily favored Car so changing it to "work for them" was never an issue.

No doubt....my point was that an unsigned Jeff Skinner reduces the value of the deal and makes it much more favorable to Carolina. A signed Jeff Skinner (it does happen, see O'Reilly, Ryan when he went to Buffalo) makes the deal significantly more fair.

The alternative of replacing Miller and replacing Glass w/Suzuki makes it less tilted to Carolina. Even so, I take your point.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
No doubt....my point was that an unsigned Jeff Skinner reduces the value of the deal and makes it much more favorable to Carolina. A signed Jeff Skinner (it does happen, see O'Reilly, Ryan when he went to Buffalo) makes the deal significantly more fair.

The alternative of replacing Miller and replacing Glass w/Suzuki makes it less tilted to Carolina. Even so, I take your point.

You just accept that he is the asset that he is, even if it is reduced. When Buf traded for RoR they took that risk, its just a part of it.

I just think 1st you'd need to go through if from LVK point of view on needs and assets they' be willing to move. No reason to start from such a bad proposal, its too far off to be workable.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Glass as the centerpiece of a return for either Skinner or Faulk or a combination thereof, would be Donnie Wads’ (forget who on the Canes board came up with that, but kudos nonetheless) wet dream. If that sort of return were ever on the table, you can bet both CAR players would have been dealt yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad