Pre-Game Talk: Canes/Habs (Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo123

Jul 23, 2016
I really don't get you guys' obsession for hating Benn so much. The guy was asked to play 25 min a night, against top lines. Of course he will look out of place from time to time. But in general, he is very servicable, very good stick on puck, rarely gets beat one on one. The problem here is Schlemko. I really enjoyed the pairing of Benn-Petry, could be a very good 2nd pairing. I would have one of Mete/Reilly/Kulak play with Weber. And have the other 2 play on the 3rd duo.

Mete-Weber
Benn-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen (when healthy)

Gives you one OFD and one DFD on each pairing

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I think I've discussed this with you a lot now. Just answer this. Do you honestly think that either of Benn or Schlemko deserve to be in the lineup over Reilly? If so why?
Benn - most definitely. He's been our second most reliable defenceman. Schlemko - no. But he's been clearly given a long leash by the coaching staff to get back into form after all those injuries. They believe in him. He had a reputation as a solid player when they traded for him. But yeah, he's been bad so far.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
And I think Benn has done the most. It feels like every goal against where he is on the ice is because of him.
I disagree. He's more exposed than the rest of our LD, because he gets more icetime and tougher matchups. But he's been able to deliver longer stretches of solid play than others.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So happy to see Alzner gone. If Mete can truly play well with Weber, we have a much stronger blueline:

Mete-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Kulak-Juulsen
Benn

Last edited:
Reactions: Victorius

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I enjoy watching Reilly play more but I don't have a problem with them keeping Benn in instead. Whether people want to believe it or not Benn has been better, and there's a reason why teams are calling about him and not Reilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->