Pre-Game Talk: Canes/Habs (Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I think I've discussed this with you a lot now. Just answer this. Do you honestly think that either of Benn or Schlemko deserve to be in the lineup over Reilly? If so why?
I honestly think in 2 years none of them
Will be in the line up. None of them our in the future plans. So who ever sits out, I just don’t care. As long as mete and Juulsen when healthy don’t sit , I couldn’t give a rats ass who alternates in as 5-6
Benn/Schlemko/kulak/Reilly and Oulette are all borderline NHL d men

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I honestly think in 2 years none of them
Will be in the line up. None of them out in the future plans. So who ever sits out, I just don’t care. As long as mete and Juulsen when healthy don’t sit , I couldn’t give a rats ass who alternates in as 5-6
Benn/Schlemko/kulak/Reilly and Oulette are all borderline NHL d men
At least Reilly can skate and does far more offensively than Schlemko and Benn combined. I dont even think hes worse than those guys defensively but even if he is just as bad it makes no sense.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
At least Reilly can skate and does far more offensively than Schlemko and Benn combined. I dont even think hes worse than those guys defensively but even if he is just as bad it makes no sense.
And he will get in eventually.
Now it’s gonna be a rotating door as long as Weber stays healthy
Weber and Petry are gonna suck up a ton of minutes
Reilly will get his chance. Schlemko is shit but right now Reilly is Juliens whipping boy

Jul 6, 2016
Make no sense to scratch him for 5-6 games in a row, lower his value and then trade him, but its MB so who knows
Make no sense to scratch him for 5-6 games in a row, lower his value and then trade him, but its MB so who knows

Sometimes you put a player in the stands to avoid potential injuries while waiting the other team to go ahead with a trade.

OB5

May 2, 2015
A win would be really nice considering they don't play again until Saturday. Would be a long week otherwise.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Carolina I think still averages 40 shots a game.

A lot of them should be considered harmless.

Could be a game for Price to up his save percentage.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Has Schlemko ever had a good string of games, say 5 to 10 ?

I know Reilly has fallen off in his last few games but wow is Clod ever putting the stick to him. Once Weber is up and running there is no guy better to give a shot of pairing him with than Reilly. Reilly should be in the line up at the very least.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Schlemko in... Reilly out... ????????

Is Reilly on the trade block ?
Did you ever wonder why a team like Minnesota that was playoff bound gave him away? After the deadline there is no longer a 23 man limit so carrying him was no big deal. He is simply not that good.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We have to realize that when Bergevin traded for Schlemko in the summer of 2017, he made it with the idea that he'd be Weber's partner. After Emelin looked good for a prolonged period the year before, I can see them believe that a defenseman who can move the puck and skate should look better than Emelin.

However, Schlemko got hurt on the first day of camp. Therefore opening a spot for Mete (who wouldn't have made the team if it weren't for Schlemko's injury).

Last year, when Schlemko was ready to return, Weber was out for the season. So they never got to play together.

Right now, we're getting the first pairing they wanted last year. So basically, we're back at square one, a year and a half later then initially wanted.

I'm willing to give them a chance. I don't expect Schlemko to last there long. But he does have some tools better suited for today's NHL than a Benn or Alzner. My preference would be Mike Reilly. But I can live with Schlemko/Weber and see what they can do together.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
We have to realize that when Bergevin traded for Schlemko in the summer of 2017, he made it with the idea that he'd be Weber's partner. After Emelin looked good for a prolonged period the year before, I can see them believe that a defenseman who can move the puck and skate should look better than Emelin.

However, Schlemko got hurt on the first day of camp. Therefore opening a spot for Mete (who wouldn't have made the team if it weren't for Schlemko's injury).

Last year, when Schlemko was ready to return, Weber was out for the season. So they never got to play together.

Right now, we're getting the first pairing they wanted last year. So basically, we're back at square one, a year and a half later then initially wanted.

I'm willing to give them a chance. I don't expect Schlemko to last there long. But he does have some tools better suited for today's NHL than a Benn or Alzner. My preference would be Mike Reilly. But I can live with Schlemko/Weber and see what they can do together.
Ryan Suter. Roman Josi. David Schlemko. Yeah baby. All guys Shea Weber made or will make. Totally.
:sarcasm:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ryan Suter. Roman Josi. David Schlemko. Yeah baby. All guys Shea Weber made or will make. Totally.
:sarcasm:

upload_2018-11-26_18-30-43.jpeg

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
When looking up the term addition by substration this needs to be the illustration:

0116-spt-habsgame.jpg

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Mete - Weber
Rielly - Petry
Schlemko/Ouellet - Juulsen
Kulak

Waive or trade Benn.

Reactions: zx81

Jul 6, 2016
That lineup is god Atrocious
Shaw top 6
Hudon 3rd line
What the **** is that 4th line
Out of those 8 defs 6 of them are AHL or 6th D-man at best
Man even with Weber this D is beyond garbage
No idea how we are playoff bound

having a bad day ? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Deebs
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Mete - Weber
Rielly - Petry
Schlemko/Ouellet - Juulsen
Kulak

Waive or trade Benn.
I agree with the top 4, but I would waive Ouellet. He wouldnt get claimed anyway.

Mete - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen (Benn until he's back)
Kulak (get sent down once Benn is back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->