Pre-Game Talk: Canes/Habs (Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Weber's return. Paired with Schlemko.

Byron and Scherbak practicing with the team on the 5th line with Peca (looks like he'll be scratched tomorrow).

Hudon with Kotkaniemi and Lehkonen.

And the big news of the day:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Very, very happy to see Weber back. I'm not expecting miracles from him, but he gets rid of Alzner and and WILL help the PP.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Weber has not played in a year so adding him now is like acquiring a legitimate #1 Dman in a trade. Habs got a whole lot better.
We should expect some rust though. Patience while he totally regains his form and game shape.

Reactions: Zorba

Jul 6, 2016
Schlemko in... Reilly out... ????????

Is Reilly on the trade block ?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Schlemko in... Reilly out... ????????

Is Reilly on the trade block ?

My first thought was we have to sit through a Schlemko-Weber paring until Julien finally wakes up.

But after seeing Weber carry Emelin, this may take a while.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Please can they sent Schlemko far away from being webers partner:(he is so horrible unreliable defensively and his offensive "skills" aint good enough to compensate

Nope, Julien has put Schlemko with Weber.

Jul 6, 2016
Nope, Julien has put Schlemko with Weber.

That's what Julien was planning to do last year but Schlemko was injured. Now he has the opportunity to try it. God save us ! Schlemko, Ouellet deserved to be put on waivers BEFORE Alzner.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Weber's not going to blow the doors off of anybody and will probably be rusty, but having him out there for 20+ minutes a night is a lot better than having less talented D out there for anything close to that time.

And he gives the Habs an actual threat on the blueline for the PP as well. Besides the fact that he can fire a puck 100 miles an hour, he can at least get shots on net.

Plus it allows guys to slot into where they are more suited.

Addition by addition and subtraction.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
I am really starting to question some of Julien's lineup decisions. Reilly has been solid this year and yet he sits again. Weber is going to be rusty so it wouldn't surprise me to see Petry continue to get the most minutes for a little while.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Weber's not going to blow the doors off of anybody and will probably be rusty, but having him out there for 20+ minutes a night is a lot better than having less talented D out there for anything close to that time.

And he gives the Habs an actual threat on the blueline for the PP as well. Besides the fact that he can fire a puck 100 miles an hour, he can at least get shots on net.

Plus it allows guys to slot into where they are more suited.

Addition by addition and subtraction.

After an adjustment period, here is what I see.

PP runs with 1 D, Weber or Petry. Say we have 6 mins per game of PP time.

So there are 114 minutes to spread among 6D.

Suppose we use (again, AFTER the adjustment period) Weber and Petry both at 24 minutes.

Then we need a RD for 12 minutes, say Benn (until Juulsen is healthy).

That leaves 54 minutes to divide among FOUR D, including Benn. Benn gets to play LD on the PK for 6 mins, so he is at 18 in total.

Now 48 minutes to divide between Mete, Schlemko and Reilly/Kulak/Ouellet, whoever is in the lineup (I refer Reilly for sure). That's about 16 minutes each.

The fact that we can have either Weber or Petry on the ice for around 48 minutes is HUGE. Last time we had this luxury, we finished first in the division. It's like when we were able to have either Markov or Hamrlik on the ice most of the game. We had some good seasons when Markov was healthy enough to do his part.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Damn it ill play Reilly way before Schlemko like wt* they see in Schlemko. The guy played all around the league Montreal is his 6th or 7th. The guy is not good defensively Eichel made fun of him 3 or 4 times in the same game on the same side. He dies not have a good hockey, hes shot and skating ability are average IMO Reilly is the better option and Ive been saying this longtime ago. Why put a blackhole in Schlemko with Weber when you can put a reilly there that still have room for a nice upside if given the chamce. he (Schlemko)dont bring nothing in offense im also really tire to see him some times in PP. the guy has never hit 20 pts in his freaking career and they trying to sell us that guy like someone that may have the potential to play first pairing D with weber... like just throw schlemko away for Christ sake. IMO it dont make sense to scratch a guy like reilly to give Benn & Schlemko ice.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
One D-man who can put the puck through the net paired with a guy who can barely reach the net and is terribad in his own zone

Clode must have a thing with fringe NHL D-man getting to play top pairing as long as they have a cool beard, any team is just going to attack the weak side all night long

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No Reilly is just ****
He can’t cover in his own end
I think I've discussed this with you a lot now. Just answer this. Do you honestly think that either of Benn or Schlemko deserve to be in the lineup over Reilly? If so why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad