GDT: CANES @ CAPS

What is propelling the win streak? Grit, Grind or TVR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
@TDCanes is got it going on. Think about all the Whalers hoopla and now think about him getting "special permission" to stream the game on the website. There's been more talk about this team over the last few months than there has been in the last few years.

This is what building a fanbase is all about....oh, and that winning thing....that winning thing is important too.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
@TDCanes is got it going on. Think about all the Whalers hoopla and now think about him getting "special permission" to stream the game on the website. There's been more talk about this team over the last few months than there has been in the last few years.

This is what building a fanbase is all about....oh, and that winning thing....that winning thing is important too.

He's doing what he can to make a difference for the fans. That's huge at the end of the day. Icing a winning team is going to take time, but fans will come out if they feel taken care of. It might not happen as quick as say, the Canes going to the ECF, but over time it will put more butts in seats. No question.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

BBA and I mentioned every week during the offseason, that we were always in the news cycle more than we ever had been before. It was outstanding, entertaining, and weird at times. As far as long, playoffless summers go, this one had some real entertainment. Heck, even something as simple as wearing our reds on the road a couple of times this preseason got a lot of mentions on Twitter and the 31 thoughts podcast. That probably isn't a direct Dundon thing, but all of this stuff adds up in keeping our name on people's minds occasionally. Throw in some wins someday, and we could actually not be an afterthought. It's amazing what potential there might be with an owner that seems to care about this stuff.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It should be illegal for a job to keep you from watching your favorite team’s irrelevant preseason game.
This is a thing the market economy fixes. Bad jobs such as that will be unable to attain better-class workforce and consequently they will crash and burn.

Though I hear them commanists are fairly good in hockey too.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
It should be illegal for a job to keep you from watching your favorite team’s irrelevant preseason game.
For many years, in the Canes first several seasons, I listened to games at work. I worked night shift, and could just barely get the games on that crummy AM station. Chuck was my link to the Canes until about 2010.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad