GDT: Canes at Vegas

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Well it happened to Barry Melrose in Tampa so it's not like it hasn't happened before.

I can admit it's an overreaction by me but I'm still sticking with my mantra that it was a stupid hire and will continue to believe so until proven otherwise.
We're descending into Cleveland Browns territory here

It's hard to pinpoint blame on any particular person for this clusterf***

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
That Faulk opportunity right there is a prime example why we’re not scoring enough. Normally when you have a lane like that you’re taking that shot top corner with high velocity. Instead Faulk lofts it into the chest protector, likely praying for a tip. Faulk has got to take that shot top corner....

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I think if you fire a coach less than 20 games after hiring him, you can’t expect any legitimate coach to be lining up to replace him.

We gave Maurice multiple years and multiple chances, gave Muller a few years, gave Peters a few years. And we’re not willing to give Brindamour two months?

Just hilarious

So a year? That was the point of the question to gauge what those on the board thinks a coach could get. I personally think Rod's leash is a bit shorter since our owner is a bit more involved than probably healthy and has already shown he doesn't believe in the "establishment"

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
We're descending into Cleveland Browns territory here

It's hard to pinpoint blame on any particular person for this cluster****

Well I still blame Craig Anderson standing on his head in that infamous win and in game.

Actually, Laviolette made some head scratching decisions towards the end of that season too.

f*** I don't know.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well it happened to Barry Melrose in Tampa so it's not like it hasn't happened before.

I can admit it's an overreaction by me but I'm still sticking with my mantra that it was a stupid hire and will continue to believe so until proven otherwise.

IIRC, Melrose was fired because he was putting Stamkos on the 4th line and scratching him on occasion. Not a good look after the Lightning spent so much time and money on their “Seen Stamkos?” promotions.

Meanwhile, this team based their entire outlook this season on the hopes that Necas and Svech could bring an offensive punch that was sorely missing last year (as well as replacing Skinner’s offensive numbers). Clearly, that was a foolish decision.

But last time I checked, Waddell (or Dundon) is in the GM chair. Not Brindamour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->