GDT: Canes at Vegas

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
So how long a leash does Rod get this year?
This year? He gets just as long as the previous coaches most likely, maybe even more considering his stature with the franchise. But with Dundon, who knows?

His personnel decisions and tactics leave a lot to be desired at this point, but he also doesn't have a lot to work with. Our team is overrated as usual.

I blame myself for falling for the hype.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Rod has to go. Never should have been given this job in the first place. Bad decision made by Dundon and Waddell. Never ever hire a playing legend as head coach, it never works outside of college football and even that's not always a guarantee. Which is going to make firing him suck but that's what you sign up for.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
What Canes legend’s reputation can we destroy next?
Brindy and Francis (especially Francis) had too good of careers as players for their reputations to be destroyed by us. They'll just be known as the guys who tried to help a mostly helpless franchise after their playing careers, and there wasn't much more that they could realistically do.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So a long leash?

I think if you fire a coach less than 20 games after hiring him, you can’t expect any legitimate coach to be lining up to replace him.

We gave Maurice multiple years and multiple chances, gave Muller a few years, gave Peters a few years. And we’re not willing to give Brindamour two months?

Just hilarious

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Firing a coach less than 20 games after hiring him.

Definitely a rational thing to discuss.

Well it happened to Barry Melrose in Tampa so it's not like it hasn't happened before.

I can admit it's an overreaction by me but I'm still sticking with my mantra that it was a stupid hire and will continue to believe so until proven otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad