GDT: Canes at the 2018 WJC

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
He seemed to be stapled to the bench near the end of the tournament and when he did play, was pretty invisible. At least for the 2 games I watched. I'm wondering if he's hurt.

Doesn't look anything like the dynamic player he has been in the WHL.

Honestly, if all you ever saw of him was these last two world juniors you’d think he’s trash and wonder why he’s there. I can’t exactly be surprised by people’s opinion of him on the main board.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Honestly, if all you ever saw of him was these last two world juniors you’d think he’s trash and wonder why he’s there. I can’t exactly be surprised by people’s opinion of him on the main board.
The thing is though, Canada usually has a handful or two of players that basically do nothing for large portions of the tournament, yet they always seem to find one or two players to focus their hate on. It's just weird.

I thought Clague was pretty bad most of the tournament but he doesn't get anywhere near the amount of hate.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
The thing is though, Canada usually has a handful or two of players that basically do nothing for large portions of the tournament, yet they always seem to find one or two players to focus their hate on. It's just weird.

I thought Clague was pretty bad most of the tournament but he doesn't get anywhere near the amount of hate.

Bean was marked going in as a returning player. He never had a chance this year.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Only solution is death now, rip our pick, nice 2 years with you Bean, hope you are a better player next respawn you get

All jokes aside I don’t think he’s going to be very good. Too early to say yet but I have a feeling we really bungled an awesome opportunity with two first rounders.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
All jokes aside I don’t think he’s going to be very good. Too early to say yet but I have a feeling we really bungled an awesome opportunity with two first rounders.
I have no clue, like with most of our prospects. He's still in juniors playing with an awful team.

I'm skeptical about Gauthier though. He's never really done anything to wow me except score some goals in his draft season.

I wish we picked other players this draft too but oh well...

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
If he ever will be a good player, it`s at least 2-3 years away, he needs time to develop. I would like to see him play professional hockey for a season and then give my final verdict. His potential ceiling is high though. But now I am so much more excited about Necas, he seems like a real steal so far. He is playing great on junior level and also looking very good between men. Can`t wait to have him on team, I think it`s a sure bet that he will make our team sooner or later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->