GDT: Canes at cbj

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
This one's tricky to predict, but I'm going to go with snow game, arena roof structurally unstable, game to be played at an alternate site after conclusion of regular season if necessary, Canes and Jackets end in a perfect tie for the final wild card, minor league arena in Toledo agrees to host game in exchange for kickbacks to local government, Toledo mayor embroiled in scandal when discovered that he directed some of the money to his campaign fund, Bettman disavows knowledge of the scheme but retires rather than go through investigation, 5-1 loss.
Clearly Lempo hacked tarheel's account.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Maybe I’m being too pragmatic, but my thoughts were that if the team could tread water for the first 10 games or so until the lines get sorted out, the rookies come up to speed, and Darling gets back (can’t believe I just typed that), that the team would be in pretty good shape. Coming out of game 10 at .500 isn’t great, but I really think this team will get better as the season progresses. Just don’t dig too big of a hole through 10 games.

I think struggling out of the gate is a possibility. I expect this team to play extremely well during the middle of the season as the youngins settle in. But with the season coming to a close I could see things go downhill a bit with the team being so extremely young. These guys are not used to an 82 game season in a league that is this physical, they’ll likely get worn out.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Maybe I’m being too pragmatic, but my thoughts were that if the team could tread water for the first 10 games or so until the lines get sorted out, the rookies come up to speed, and Darling gets back (can’t believe I just typed that), that the team would be in pretty good shape. Coming out of game 10 at .500 isn’t great, but I really think this team will get better as the season progresses. Just don’t dig too big of a hole through 10 games.

That’s what we say every year. How’s that worked out?

How about they just actually play like a playoff team from the jump like 90% of actual playoff teams do.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It dosnt even matter anymore...why even watch this team anyway...another year on pace for 82 points, well off the pace we need to be for the playoffs....
FIRE HANDSOM ROD....hire whaler legend Steven Rice

I saw Rice almost kill a guy with a Scott Stevens like hit with the Whalers. I was at the game and my dad said something to the effect of “ I think that guy is dead” I think it was against the Ducks.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That’s what we say every year. How’s that worked out?

How about they just actually play like a playoff team from the jump like 90% of actual playoff teams do.

1) I don’t recall that being said every year, especially about the team getting better as the year goes on.

2) when is the last time the canes had 5 rookies and almost 50% turnover on the roster (and a new coach)? So not sure how anything said in prior years applies to this team.

3) I don’t think this team is like 90% of playoff teams. I think they’ll be lucky to make them.

Nothing would make me happier than the team being 7-2-1 after 10 games. I just don’t expect it.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
1) I don’t recall that being said every year, especially about the team getting better as the year goes on.

2) when is the last time the canes had 5 rookies and almost 50% turnover on the roster (and a new coach)? So not sure how anything said in prior years applies to this team.

3) I don’t think this team is like 90% of playoff teams. I think they’ll be lucky to make them.

Nothing would make me happier than the team being 7-2-1 after 10 games. I just don’t expect it.

It’s different, but it’s not.

Every year the narrative is weather October because of the road trip. This year it’s because they are young and new. What excuse for being out of it by November is it going to be next year?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Based on RBA’s postgame comments it sounds like we’ll be seeing more of Svech tonight, which would be great.
zack_gal.gif

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I hope Rod makes some changes to the line combinations. I want to see McLovin' with the Finns and Svech and Necas together. I'd also like to see Zykov with Svech, but if he wants to put Ferland with the two kids, I could see that. Zykov would be wasted with Staal and the human turnover, but we only have so many left shots to go around, so I guess putting him there won't slow down one of our faster players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->