Pre-Game Talk: Canes at Caps, G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Crowd wasn't booing Oshie. They booed because the Ref put his arm up really late. Fresh off the Ref letting them play on while Martinook appeared to be dying on the ice. That injury seemed serious enough to blow it dead.

Yeah, but the optics looked horrible. I'll admit, i thought he was embellishing and now I feel pretty awful about that. to canes fans we see: "oh yeah they're just booing at the call"--to a Caps fan they would naturally see "they're booing at one of my favorite injured players---what creeps."

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Yeah, but the optics looked horrible. I'll admit, i thought he was embellishing and now I feel pretty awful about that. to canes fans we see: "oh yeah they're just booing at the call"--to a Caps fan they would naturally see "they're booing at one of my favorite injured players---what creeps."

I think "jerks" is the word you're looking for there.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I also think it's worth noting that Brindy, Williams and the team have been steadfast in their support of Foegele since Day 1 of training camp. I dare say the majority of us would have banished his "perfect Hurricane" a$$ to Charlotte during the dark days of Nov.-thru-February, but because of Roddy's loyalty, we're getting rewarded with this beautiful playoff performance.
I still would have banished him to Charlotte then with the aim of calling him back and maybe seeing him contribute more in the regular season. More than happy with how it worked out regardless.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I also think it's worth noting that Brindy, Williams and the team have been steadfast in their support of Foegele since Day 1 of training camp. I dare say the majority of us would have banished his "perfect Hurricane" a$$ to Charlotte during the dark days of Nov.-thru-February, but because of Roddy's loyalty, we're getting rewarded with this beautiful playoff performance.

I dunno, then we'd be saying the months in Charlotte "built up his confidence" or whatever narrative a la Faulk's rookie year. Modern NHL is a narrative driven sport where everything is post hoc rationalized. If the caps come out in game 5 people'll say Oshie's demise sparked, whether or not that's actually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad