Pre-Game Talk: Canes at Caps, G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'll respond to this. The team responded like a team that's been responding all season. Yet our response is to doubt their ability to respond. Well, no more. Their response to Svechnikov's injury in Game 3 was terrific. Their response to the Caps determination to respond to the Canes cleaning their clocks and showing their best game in Game 4 resulted in a goal 17 seconds into the game. Now we just have to see how we respond to the fact that we're going to have to win a game in Washington to win this series. And the Caps are sure to respond after Oshie's injury and being dominated twice in Raleigh.

It will be interesting to see how we respond.
Your response about responding was not the response I expected you to respond with, but it was a good response. You must have learned that from how well the Canes have responded since December 31st.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Your response to his response was a good response
2yzqok.jpg

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I hope the Caps are as wrapped up in Foegele hate as their fans and media members. He's in their heads, and that's good for us. It's also good for us if Tom Wilson runs around trying to "get" Aho or someone else. The bottom line is that we've got to steal one up there somehow, and this is as good a way as any.

I think -- but have no evidence -- that the Canes are going to hold Svechnikov out of the rest of the first round even if he's cleared simply because there's no reason to put him on the same sheet of ice with Ovechkin, Wilson, Orpik, Niskanen and the rest of Washington's punks right now.

The idea of dressing seven d-men appeals to me, and not just because the 2006 Canes did it routinely.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Yeah, after watching the replays a hundred times, you can call the league’s softest cross check on that. The proximity to the boards and Oshie’s speed were factors in the injury. Unfortunate. I’ve also seen whining that the crowd was booing Oshie. The fans clapped when he got up and was going off the ice. The booing was for the refs, who made a call that wasn’t agreed with

I think I also have observed that when the boos started Ovechkin was on the ice/had the puck....

How can I even respond to that?

These responses have been quite responsible.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Catch 22 for Foegele and the Canes. If he drops the gloves, it ends it and could kill some of Washington's intensity. However, he could get KOed and leave an already thin forward group down another man.

I've really had enough of "fighting" for this series lol. Just let him keep trolling them with goals etc. that's good enough

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Caps fans, for the next several years:

BAH GAWD THAT'S WARREN FOEGELE'S MUSIC

Let them hate us for a while. Let's hope we are worthy of that hate for many years to come.

lol it's been so funny seeing the ridiculous spellings of foegele this week. I think i might just intentionally keep misspelling his name. feckelle or frugal lol.

I feel like Foegele is having the Erik Cole from his first playoffs impact. Maybe a few less smug smiles in the faces of other guys, but overall feels kinda similar.

My hope is he scores the GWG and gives that same deadass stare to the crowd that Cole did to the Bell Centre in 2002

I also think it's worth noting that Brindy, Williams and the team have been steadfast in their support of Foegele since Day 1 of training camp. I dare say the majority of us would have banished his "perfect Hurricane" a$$ to Charlotte during the dark days of Nov.-thru-February, but because of Roddy's loyalty, we're getting rewarded with this beautiful playoff performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad