Pre-Game Talk: Canes at Caps, G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Note to Mods: Pls lock this thread as soon as Hank posts his max-effort GDT tomorrow.

As usual with us, it all comes down to who's playing. Svech (concussion protocol, but maybe not a concussion?), Ferland (back, shoulder, heart?), Martinook (screwed himself into the boards), and Foegele (at the mercy of DoPS) are all shaky.

We have about a dozen healthy defensemen and Mrazek's 100 percent, so I guess we have a chance. But it's getting harder and harder as we slowly morph into the Checkers up front.

And BTW, Charlotte opens their playoffs Saturday night. Gonna have to hope for peak Ned.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Feb 22, 2019
D.C.
Woke up blasting "RAISE UP" for 40 mins straight! That is such a great JERK song to have as our goal song ahldafaldfaldjflajdlfajdlfja.

Also, I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam before I got here, but it just becomes more and more bizarre to me that the Caps would let Trotz go after bringing them their first franchise Cup.

Like, whoever wins the Knicks their first championship since circa the moon landing (lol) would probably automatically have a statute made of them and the gates of heaven open up lol. Just unfathomable to me. Very Curse of the Trotzino imo. lol

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Feb 22, 2019
D.C.
Also EXTRA GOOD Friday to those who choose to observe the day. :heart::heart::heart: (And blessings and positive vibes to everyone of any belief or background)

May we remember the truly important things in life as we continue to be raving lunatics over a hockey team.

(Also Christ raising from the dead when people thought he was done for?!? Total Jerk move ;) )

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Every time you see a caps fan whine about Foegele on the main board, post this picture.

Wayne-Gretzky-Trophy-presentaion-J-320x256.jpg

Or don’t, because that’s probably trolling. It would be funny though.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Warren was a 'one man wrecking crew' against the London Knights.
Character player with speed and skill!

XesErmgH_bigger.jpg
Sara Civ‏Verified account @SaraCivian 9h9 hours ago

Warren Foegele has a thing for big moments. He's been instrumental in the Hurricanes taking a 2-2 series back to D.C. for Game 5.
“I love these moments, I think all of us in this room love these moments.
This is when it counts. This is when it matters.”

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I dont recall ever seeing a team use aerial flips better than the Canes. Shooting those pop flys at the Washington D in the neutral zone makes for unstoppable clears, plus the D has to handle the puck with Canes forwards charging at them, AND if they glove it away, it's a hand pass. I know they've done it to a degree all year to relieve pressure, but it seems like its morphed into a breakout strategy.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
@My Special Purpose , how do you feel about the response the Canes gave in games 3 and 4. Discuss!

I'll respond to this. The team responded like a team that's been responding all season. Yet our response is to doubt their ability to respond. Well, no more. Their response to Svechnikov's injury in Game 3 was terrific. Their response to the Caps determination to respond to the Canes cleaning their clocks and showing their best game in Game 4 resulted in a goal 17 seconds into the game. Now we just have to see how we respond to the fact that we're going to have to win a game in Washington to win this series. And the Caps are sure to respond after Oshie's injury and being dominated twice in Raleigh.

It will be interesting to see how we respond.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Foegele hit was a nudge, and the player lost his balance and hit the boards. Not dirty, but like all fans, I wear my rose colored glasses. I saw it well in real time at the game and didn’t think it was bad. That play happens in every hockey game, but doesn’t get notice if the player pops right back up

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Foegele hit was a nudge, and the player lost his balance and hit the boards. Not dirty, but like all fans, I wear my rose colored glasses. I saw it well in real time at the game and didn’t think it was bad. That play happens in every hockey game, but doesn’t get notice if the player pops right back up
I had no problem with the penalty being called even if I thought it was a weak call. By the rule book, it was a cross-check....but that's it. It wasn't a dirty hit, meant to injure. Truth be told it was one of those, "....here, take one of these while you go" types of moves. Happens all the time throughout games, more so in the playoffs. It was unfortunate that Oshie ended up getting hurt....but really that's all it was....and unfortunate circumstance.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Foegele gave Oshi a little push.
Oshi was not balanced on his skates and fell awkwardly in to the boards.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
I had no problem with the penalty being called even if I thought it was a weak call. By the rule book, it was a cross-check....but that's it. It wasn't a dirty hit, meant to injure. Truth be told it was one of those, "....here, take one of these while you go" types of moves. Happens all the time throughout games, more so in the playoffs. It was unfortunate that Oshie ended up getting hurt....but really that's all it was....and unfortunate circumstance.
Yeah, after watching the replays a hundred times, you can call the league’s softest cross check on that. The proximity to the boards and Oshie’s speed were factors in the injury. Unfortunate. I’ve also seen whining that the crowd was booing Oshie. The fans clapped when he got up and was going off the ice. The booing was for the refs, who made a call that wasn’t agreed with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->