Confirmed with Link: Canes acquire Trevor van Riemsdyk +7th for Pit 2nd

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I didn't realize this was Pittsburgh's pick. That was a 3rd last year. The last #62 overall pick to play 100 NHL games was Kris Letang over 10 years ago. The vast majority never even got a sniff.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Schlemko has three more years left at $2.25M, 1.85M and 1.85M.

If TVR was making that money instead of 900K and then RFA we never would have given up a 2nd for him.

I'm not sure why this message board continues to ignore the role that salary plays on this team and around the league. Schlemko would have gotten more than a 5th if he didn't have three years left at just under $2M per in real dollars.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Schlemko has three more years left at $2.25M, 1.85M and 1.85M.

If TVR was making that money instead of 900K and then RFA we never would have given up a 2nd for him.

I'm not sure why this message board continues to ignore the role that salary plays on this team and around the league. Schlemko would have gotten more than a 5th if he didn't have three years left at just under $2M per in real dollars.

You're right my apologies

Hayley can you call the NHL and ask them to lower the cap floor? They'd probably take your call in hopes that Paramore plays the next NHL Awards.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'm. It saying he's a top 4 guy, but the way he plays stylistically means he can play in that role briefly and not look like a putz. Like Harrison would look almost competent as a bottom pairing guy and then a total gong show the minute he had to move up. I think TVR is that bottom pair guy that can move up in a pinch. Not necessarily over a long stretch of time, but if Faulk has a sore knee and needs a game off to get better? They'll be ok. Last year the alternative was Dahlbek and Tennyson in the lineup at the same time.

I'm not hardly a Blackhawks expert but I do see a lot of their games being in the Fox Sports Midwest viewing area. I compare TVR to a Niclas Wallin. Put him on the third pair and forget about him for the next 6 to 8 years, you'll never have to worry that he can't do his job well. I suppose there are probably a lot of guys like that around the league, but, you know, we didn't seem to have one, now we do, so that's an improvement.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm not hardly a Blackhawks expert but I do see a lot of their games being in the Fox Sports Midwest viewing area. I compare TVR to a Niclas Wallin. Put him on the third pair and forget about him for the next 6 to 8 years, you'll never have to worry that he can't do his job well. I suppose there are probably a lot of guys like that around the league, but, you know, we didn't seem to have one, now we do, so that's an improvement.

So what you're saying is that we can go ahead and pencil TVR in for a few OT goals in the playoffs the next few years?

I'll be ok with that

Kawzee

Mar 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Going to miss TVR in Chicago. I've seen him improve year to year, and don't see why he wouldn't play 82 games for the Canes next year. A young bottom pairing guy who can play Top 4 mins if required, and is willing to shoot the puck. Good pick up! Going to be watching the Canes a lot closer next year for sure.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
That's just such a bad name. It doesn't age well.

Sure maybe "Skylar" is cute when you're 17 and have flowing blonde hair and you look like a member of One Direction; but someday you'll be like 42, gray and balding, and you just look like an ass with that name.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Sure maybe "Skylar" is cute when you're 17 and have flowing blonde hair and you look like a member of One Direction; but someday you'll be like 42, gray and balding, and you just look like an ass with that name.

Yeah but there will be 10,000 other Skylar's the same age. It won't seem weird to anyone but those of us who will be in their 70s by then and no one will give a **** what we think.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Those aren't even some of the worst ones from this year.

The tweet with some of the names was circulating on here a couple weeks back. "I'd like you to meet my son, Sequoia". Unreal.

Braedyn, you forgot Braydon.....there are scores of Braaden's in Midgets...

....sup Sky, was dat u I saw at the Senior Center last night...what about dat new girl....u think doz are dentures or implants?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
First of all, love the trade. We seem to have a thing with getting former Blackhawks. Fills a need too which is great.

Second, if you guys think 'Skylar' is bad, just wait until 2035 when 'Plant', 'Animal', 'Sunshine', and 'Breeze' are drafted.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Also, the 7th round pick we got in the TVR trade is for 2018 Entry Draft.

If it's Vegas' pick, it'll be kind of late but on the other hand our boy will be positively attuned from get-go because of getting the car.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad