Confirmed with Link: Canes Acquire Kaski From Red Wings

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
full transparency - i didn't hit post for a looong time trying to come up with a way to work xylem in. then lempo responds to your request in three minutes.

i feel like a sap.
Would've been a slam dunk... hadn't I come straight from the trade board Taylor Hall thread and messed everything up.

I would've gotten away with it if his momma had the good sense to name him Carpenter, but now it's all in splinters.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Completely off topic , but somewhat on-topic...

Last night on the AHL broadcast of the Checkers game during an in between period interview of the new head coach (no idea on spelling his name and too lazy to look it up), Ryan W said that Kaski was a guy the Canes were after this summer and it all worked out as they got him in the end anyway.

It seems the Canes FO really is obsessed with offensively minded RDs-the Honkas, Priskie and now Kaski.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Completely off topic , but somewhat on-topic...

Last night on the AHL broadcast of the Checkers game during an in between period interview of the new head coach (no idea on spelling his name and too lazy to look it up), Ryan W said that Kaski was a guy the Canes were after this summer and it all worked out as they got him in the end anyway.

It seems the Canes FO really is obsessed with offensively minded RDs-the Honkas, Priskie and now Kaski.

He was an undrafted Free Agent whom Red Wings signed in late May. Canes probably were bidding too.

He got one year max ELC with max Schedule A performance bonus like such an auctioned UFA would in these situations. No idea if Waddell was being cheaper than the Wings there, but they noted in the Finnish press just now that Kaski probably chose Wings because of the supposedly easy way to the NHL roster. Not so with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad