Canelo vs Golovkin

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I didn't mind the decision at all. He won the earlier rounds before fading the last few.

GGG sandbagged for too long before turning it on late.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
How can you tarnish an undefeated record f***ing judges can kiss my ass.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
the decision was fine. lots of swing rounds and Canelo's style is more Boxing Snobs and/or Boxing Judges friendly. Boxing isn't really MMA. Clean connections and Defense matter more than volume

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Nah, BS decision. GGG didn't lose a round from the 6th.

Two judges giving Canelo the 12th is a joke.

6-8 were extremely close. I'm fine with the decision.

Thats whats nice about not having a dog in the fight, lol.... its even funnier going back through the prior pages of this thread seeing how many people were pro-GGG -- hence the outrage of this decision.

In the end.. nothing to truly be upset about - with how close it was everyone knows there will be a 3rd fight.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
6-8 were extremely close. I'm fine with the decision.

Thats whats nice about not having a dog in the fight, lol.... its even funnier going back through the prior pages of this thread seeing how many people were pro-GGG -- hence the outrage of this decision.

In the end.. nothing to truly be upset about - with how close it was everyone knows there will be a 3rd fight.

There will definitely be a third fight.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
GGG knew scoring system from first fight, so he didn't definitely do enough for win. Still props for him about taking fight against extremely juiced Canelo.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
GGG knew scoring system from first fight, so he didn't definitely do enough for win. Still props for him about taking fight against extremely juiced Canelo.

Juiced? Give me a break. There was even more testing leading up to this after the tainted meat test earlier this year.

Not hard to see everyone upset with the decision is pro-GGG.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
People are acting like GGG dominated... he didn't.

Could've gone either way.

Exactly.

Bottom line is Canelo dominated the early rounds, pushed the pace, won the cards before fading late. Lucky he won enough of the earlier rounds.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Juiced? Give me a break. There was even more testing leading up to this after the tainted meat test earlier this year.

Not hard to see everyone upset with the decision is pro-GGG.

I think getting caught twice on row says it all, was juiced as f*** in that ring. All that been said it was GGG own mistake to take the fight. He knew that opponent doesn't come without cheating.

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Exactly.

Bottom line is Canelo dominated the early rounds, pushed the pace, won the cards before fading late. Lucky he won enough of the earlier rounds.

I agree it was close. I personally had round 1-5 being Canelo's and 6-12 being GGG's. Some of these could.have gone the other way.

What is BS is giving the 12th to Canelo in my opinion. Yet again, I am no expert.

When they fight ended, I thought we might have another draw.

Anyway, we are all winners tonight as it was a very entertaining fight and we are likely to get a 3rd fight.

As a Lemieux fan, I am a little disappointed because I hoped he would get the winner, but it is pretty obvious their will be a rematch first. Lemieux will probably fight Munguia and then the two winners will meet. Winners are boxing fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->