Cancelled flight mixes up NWHL playoffs

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Yeah, last time I booked a team charter, it was approximately $65K for a round trip. Considering that that's probably twice the payroll number for an NWHL team and three times the revenue number for two home games, good luck with that.

Reactions: JMCx4

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Yeah, last time I booked a team charter, it was approximately $65K for a round trip. Considering that that's probably twice the payroll number for an NWHL team and three times the revenue number for two home games, good luck with that.
Last time I crunched the numbers for the Boston Pride based on if they had the league minimum rosters and payroll coupled with sellouts of everyone buying the most expensive tickets the most the owner could hope to make in profit was about $66,500. Now that didn't take into account other revenue streams like TV deals or advertising, nor did take into account other costs like team meals, coach salaries, team staff, medical trainers, or travel.

Needless to say though there is no way in hell they could afford a charter plane unless one of the NHL teams stepped in and gave them a plane with the way the league bleeds money.

Link to original post...
NWHL and NWHL Players Association (union) working on new CBA

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Last time I crunched the numbers for the Boston Pride based on if they had the league minimum rosters and payroll coupled with sellouts of everyone buying the most expensive tickets the most the owner could hope to make in profit was about $66,500. Now that didn't take into account other revenue streams like TV deals or advertising, nor did take into account other costs like team meals, coach salaries, team staff, medical trainers, or travel.

Needless to say though there is no way in hell they could afford a charter plane unless one of the NHL teams stepped in and gave them a plane with the way the league bleeds money.

Link to original post...
NWHL and NWHL Players Association (union) working on new CBA

Yeah, that's probably about right. And most NHL teams don't own their own plane -- the team I worked for chartered with a company called Champion Airlines. Considering that the NHL basically wants very little to do with the NWHL, I highly doubt you'll see the Devils/Rangers/Isles springing for a Riveters charter flight.

And to go back to the original post, it's downright hilarious that someone who used to be a mod for business of hockey section of HFboards posts something that shows they have no understanding of the business of hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->