Canceled 2005 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
One question about the 2005 draft is what happens if a CBA is agreed to before the previously scheduled draft of around the 26th in Ottawa? I'm assuming that arena has scheduled other events in the place of the draft, so how does it go down and would it be televised? I'm assuming they'd want to have the draft around the same time as usual.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
The draft in Ottawa was cancelled, if the draft happens on June 26th (as rumoured) or at a later date. I bet it will be in New York, with the majority of hockey personal via conference call.

I believe Ottawa was promised they would have the draft again in a few years time (i.e. there is no chance it will be in Ottawa this year).

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
mercury said:
There is a rumor that their will be a draft lottery show for the canceled draft, to be televised on TSN or CBC, and possibly an American sports network.

That would be smart especially since it'll be known as the Crosby sweepstakes!!!!

They'd be makin a huge mistake if they didn't cover it live.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I agree with trahans. The draft is a good opportunity for the NHL to try to market itself as the "new NHL" and all that, talk about the tremendous talent in the draft (the actual content is irrelevant, its the image that matters), and of course, put poster boy Sidney everywhere. No live draft means they lose a tremendous marketing/branding opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->