Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens vs Blue Jackets

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I understand that people find Chaput boring, but the 4th line has consistently been outplaying the other teams 4th line since he took over at C. The thing that might get him taken out at some point is if he can't stop taking dumb penalties.
But they have gotten no real results, and he has had turnovers in the last two games, directly leading to goals against........how much rope does a 4th liner get? Peca can be just as effective, and has given us better results.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
I would start Niemi tomorrow and Price on Saturday. Give Price the home game and let Niemi deal with Columbus. Just my opinion, for all I know Price will play both games :laugh:
I'm thinking the same thing. The man deserves a second straight start after his last performance. Give Mr.Saturday-Night the start against the Flyers. Wouldn't be shocked if Price gets both though...

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I think they will start Price on friday.........and saturday. There is a 9 day break coming up for the Habs.
Baring a 40+ shots on friday, i think we'll probably see Price twice. After saturday game against the Flyers, Mtl will play one game in 14 days agaisnt the Coyotes. And for Price il will be one in 15 since he'll be suspended for the first game after the all-star game.

Any one knows if Mtl can avoid the suspension if Price is pulled from the wednesday game prior to the ASG after 2 periods for an "injury" ?

Reactions: scrubadam

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Price tonight and Niemi tomorrow sounds about right. We shouldn't use our backup against Columbus, with Price we're still losing this game but at least we reduce the chances of being a complete blowout. Niemi can play against Philly anyway since Price is always bad vs Flyers ever since his playoff nightmare against them.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Price tonight and Niemi tomorrow sounds about right. We shouldn't use our backup against Columbus, with Price we're still losing this game but at least we reduce the chances of being a complete blowout. Niemi can play against Philly anyway since Price is always bad vs Flyers ever since his playoff nightmare against them.

Flyers are coming off a win against Boston. Price and Saturday nights at home is virtually an automatic combination.

Given the break coming up, I wouldn't be surprised to see price getting back to back.

Reactions: Milhouse40

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Its already confirmed thats its Price friday but i would give Saturday to Niemi with the performance he had against Florida he deserves it.
if price can play back to backs, one where he has 9 days off after the second one is probably where you want to try it,

Price likes a heavy load, if he wants to play em both, let him play him both ( obviously it depends on the outcome tonight).

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Price goes tonight and you re-access after the game for tomorrow night.

Definitely feels like an L tonight though.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
giphy.gif

Reactions: Runner77

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Baring a 40+ shots on friday, i think we'll probably see Price twice. After saturday game against the Flyers, Mtl will play one game in 14 days agaisnt the Coyotes. And for Price il will be one in 15 since he'll be suspended for the first game after the all-star game.

Any one knows if Mtl can avoid the suspension if Price is pulled from the wednesday game prior to the ASG after 2 periods for an "injury" ?

wait what? If you don't go to the ASG you get suspended?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad