Canadiens temporarily laying off 60% of employees

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Is Molson broke? If so, that would explain a lot of his foolish and short-sighted decisions. Would love it if Bronfman and co. could step up and buy the team.

Molson probably doesn't have that much cash on hand. He's small potatoes.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Can't imagine Youppi! filling for unemployment. Poor guy can't even hug kids with the whole social distancing.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Can't imagine Youppi! filling for unemployment. Poor guy can't even hug kids with the whole social distancing.

Youppi!s (yes with a s, since there are more than 1 guy doing the job) have other jobs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We should specify that those employees will be paid 80% of their salary for the next 8 weeks.

Also, according to this, Julien and Bergevin will be taking pay cuts.

What an unusual gesture.

I would have rather seen them give up the money for the laid off employees -- assuming they're not getting their missing 20% from another source.

Losing 20% is a lot of money for employees.

And if those employees were made whole by the govt, then do something for a good cause. Lots of people hurting right now.

Geoff can still do something -- he can redistribute all or some of that money to help someone in need.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
It's better to be laid off. I was too and at least I can apply for unemployment benefits, instead of working few shifts and be screwed. We're one million people who lost their job to the virus. It's fine.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
We should specify that those employees will be paid 80% of their salary for the next 8 weeks.

Also, according to this, Julien and Bergevin will be taking pay cuts.

Solidarity Seriously?

Any solidarity here is with Molson. Julien and Bergevin's pay cuts do not benefit the other staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad