Confirmed with Link: Canadiens submit qualifying offers to Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, Pezzetta, Poehling, Leskinen and McNiven

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They should just trade McNiven at this point, he's obviously not in the plans.

they wouldn't get anything for him, goalies usually don't have much value but backup AHL goalies have none. They will need him if it ends up being a full schedule, and a Primeau/McNiven duo should be a very good one for Laval.

Reactions: Habs13

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Re-signing him to a multi-years deal would actually imply buying out UFA years, which would probably make him even more expensive.
I think the best case scenario as things currently stand is for him to accept his QO.

No....more years less money is the way to go in the NHL.
Buying UFA years is more for players that could break the bank if they hit UFA.

Lehkonen could take the 2.2 for 1 year and then turn UFA. That's 2.2M contract.
Or buy some security with a 3 years deal at 1.8M$. That's a 5.4M contract, enough money for life.

More times than not, those type of players will prefer the 5.4M guaranteed money.

Reactions: Habsrule

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Any NHL potential or simply just ahler?

not much NHL potential I would think, he could have been a cheap 7th/8th D for us this year had he of stayed instead of going to the KHL. He was ok in his rookie year but this past season he really turned it on and looked like he might be able to be a bubble guy for us that fills in here and there for a few games. I thought he might come back for 1 more year and see if he could get even better and then maybe he could have been a 7th D for us. Undersized but decent playmaker. Not physical, not overly quick, so it was unlikely he was ever going to be much more then a 7th D for us but we'll see how he does in the KHL as we'll keep his rights for a couple years now.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
not much NHL potential I would think, he could have been a cheap 7th/8th D for us this year had he of stayed instead of going to the KHL. He was ok in his rookie year but this past season he really turned it on and looked like he might be able to be a bubble guy for us that fills in here and there for a few games. I thought he might come back for 1 more year and see if he could get even better and then maybe he could have been a 7th D for us. Undersized but decent playmaker. Not physical, not overly quick, so it was unlikely he was ever going to be much more then a 7th D for us but we'll see how he does in the KHL as we'll keep his rights for a couple years now.
Yeah I guess it's time to move on , we have some prospects joining the ahl this season if right

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah I guess it's time to move on , we have some prospects joining the ahl this season if right

Just Fairbrother, unless you mean at the end of the season, then yes that's going to be f***ing nuts as you could have Guhle, Harris, and maybe Struble plus whatever the plan is with Norlinder since he's signed but can only play in the NHL or SHL until his SHL season is over in March.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Just Fairbrother, unless you mean at the end of the season, then yes that's going to be f***ing nuts as you could have Guhle, Harris, and maybe Struble plus whatever the plan is with Norlinder since he's signed but can only play in the NHL or SHL until his SHL season is over in March.
Oh man in 2 years this ahl team should be stackedddddd

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Pezzetta showed decent progress last year, if he continues to progress, I could see him getting some NHL games in at some point, especially if teams go back to the tougher, more hard nosed players for the playoffs.
Love this player for Laval. Terrific AHL pro

Reactions: dralaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->