Confirmed with Link: Canadiens submit qualifying offers to Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, Pezzetta, Poehling, Leskinen and McNiven

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Yes, it is. Hope we can re-sign him to a 3-4 years deal with a lower cap hit (than 2.2)

Re-signing him to a multi-years deal would actually imply buying out UFA years, which would probably make him even more expensive.
I think the best case scenario as things currently stand is for him to accept his QO.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Re-signing him to a multi-years deal would actually imply buying out UFA years, which would probably make him even more expensive.
I think the best case scenario as things currently stand is for him to accept his QO.

His last contract was based on potential, now we know that he will never be more than a 3rd/4th liner with limited offensive numbers. He's more in the 1.5-1.7 range.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

That's only if he could get more money in FA, which I don't think he would.

Reactions: Agalloch

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
That's only if he could get more money in FA, which I don't think he would.

Generally UFA years hold more value than RFA years. So I don't know about that.
If the salary is over 2M, I'd like this to be a 1 year deal. No point in locking up a guy like Lehkonen for multiple years.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
gross Pezze-shit will be back

He brings something Laval needs and he's been good in his role. I don't think they are expecting much NHL wise.

Generally UFA years hold more value than RFA years. So I don't know about that.
If the salary is over 2M, I'd like this to be a 1 year deal. No point in locking up a guy like Lehkonen for multiple years.

Would any team sign him for over 2 million a year? I'm not sure. On the FA market, he probably signs for 1.5-2.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
They should just trade McNiven at this point, he's obviously not in the plans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad