GDT: Canadiens @ Senators: Part 2 - Thursday the sixth *MOD post #106*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Interesting to hear Michael Chaput mention working with Manny Malhotra in Vancouver on faceoffs.

Seems to have helped.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
But see that's the rule Treb just posted, that is absolutely not the rule that is stickied.

The rule that is stickied doesn't talk about drive-by posts in GDTs, it covers every thread, every angle and every mention of the word or strategy

technically both of your posts and my post could fall under that, and they might

Here is the post:
Hello HF Habs,

This post is being made to inform everyone here that posts about being pro-tanking will not be permitted on this forum.

That's the same as I said. Don't wish for losses/tank troll the thread.

While we do understand that some people may want the team to lose in order to get a draft pick, please understand that most posters coming to this forum are here to cheer on their favourite hockey team, and posts that are hoping for the Habs to lose can be seen as trolling the vast majority of the fanbase.

Again pretty much the same. Don't hope for losses, but saying ''Sens will want this game hard to avenge their lost last tuesday, so it's gonna be hard to win. I think the Habs lose this one.'' is fine.
This has been discussed at length with the moderators and administrators of this site, and is not something that is up for debate. Consider this post your first warning, and any please note that there may be additional repercussions if you're unable to adhere to this rule.

Thank you,
HF Habs staff

I fail to see how my post and this one are different.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Getting to the arena in Kanata is a pain in the ass. I suggest driving there if you absolutely must go. I've never taken the bus, but I've heard nothing fun about it.

Be prepared to spend an hour or two to get out of the parking lot after the game.
When I lived there years ago, we used to grab a shuttle bus from one of a couple of restaurants to avoid the parking nightmare.

Don`t know currently though.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Nolan Foote here we come
YuGsRpe.png

Reactions: McTusk

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So that is the game thread? I haven't seen Runner77 here. Normal?What is he doing? Skipping duty? He's a deserter. Send the MP after him!!!

Reactions: Runner77

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Live feed update is working well so far. No need to refresh the page every minute. We'll see how it holds up as the traffic increases.

You guys should try it out if you haven't enabled it already.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This will be my final post on this topic but is the tank talk only forbidden here on the Habs board or does it apply to all other HF boards as well?

I just fail to see what the big deal is with talking about the team tanking. If someone's opinion is that the Habs aren't good enough and they would rather the team tank right now to get higher picks to build for the future why can't they voice that opinion? If someone would rather the Habs lose right now and they say it, so what? Why would that bother people so much?

Anyway that's it for me about this. I disagree with what's going on here but if that's the rules then that's the rules.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
This will be my final post on this topic but is the tank talk only forbidden here on the Habs board or does it apply to all other HF boards as well?

I just fail to see what the big deal is with talking about the team tanking. If someone's opinion is that the Habs aren't good enough and they would rather the team tank right now to get higher picks to build for the future why can't they voice that opinion? If someone would rather the Habs lose right now and they say it, so what? Why would that bother people so much?

Anyway that's it for me about this. I disagree with what's going on here but if that's the rules then that's the rules.
It's a specific forum policy. The reason here is probably that the Habs are in a playoffs spot, aka not a position to want to tank.

Reactions: sheed36

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I honestly dont understand Julien's obsession with Deslauriers. He in my opinion didnt warrant coming back into the lineup tonight.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City

I disagree as well, as I don't think the logic behind the idea holds up very well, but those are the rules now.

Admins have put it in place, so we have to follow it whether we like it or not. Not much we can do about it now.

And that's all i'll say as well.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Here is the post:

That's the same as I said. Don't wish for losses/tank troll the thread.

Again pretty much the same. Don't hope for losses, but saying ''Sens will want this game hard to avenge their lost last tuesday, so it's gonna be hard to win. I think the Habs lose this one.'' is fine.

I fail to see how my post and this one are different.

Someone could write a 3,000 words scientific research essay about the benefits of tanking and no matter how your read it, that post would fall under the same ruling as "lol I hope habs lose" as it stands right now, would it not? That's the difference, your post makes it sound like we can't do drive-by posts by using reductive exemples when that's not the case.

I just really hope you guys are at least listening to the criticism and considering groovejuice's idea of a specific thread to contain the discussion. It's nothing personal, i'm just really pedantic about rules especially if it means blocking discussion. This just feels like throwing the baby out with the bathwater to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad