GDT: Canadiens @ Senators: Part 2 - Thursday the sixth *MOD post #106*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I am seeing quite a drop in familiar regular posters here over the last few days but don't worry, time has a way of fixing everything. It would be nice if we could have a thread to discuss the events of the last few days because after all it is a message board or did I cross the line in suggessting this?
Don't worry. Theyll come out of the woodwork once Drouin starts playing poorly.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I am seeing quite a drop in familiar regular posters here over the last few days but don't worry, time has a way of fixing everything. It would be nice if we could have a thread to discuss the events of the last few days because after all it is a message board or did I cross the line in suggessting this?

There is ALWAYS a drop in the number of regular posters after a win. People tend to spend a lot more energy complaining.

Reactions: stanley25

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

It's been suggested by others as well. Hopefully there will be a response. If not... :dunno:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Guys, it's simple.
You have the right to say you think the Sens may win the game. What you must avoid are comments like:
Habs are tanking, 5-0 sens
I wish the Sens beat us 5-0
It's a good night for the tank
I hope we lose
YEESSSS! Sens scored!!!
Boo!!! Habs scored! :(
etc.

If you read your message and think it would be an infraction if a Sens fan posted it here, then it's probably an infraction for you too.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
There is ALWAYS a drop in the number of regular posters after a win. People tend to spend a lot more energy complaining.
I think it's more I enjoy watching the game when they're winning but would rather only pay half attention when they are losing

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

the problem is that it is now unclear what is just complaining and what is bannable, and some people will just stop voicing their opinions instead of trying to figure out what they can and cannot post

the post Treb just made is fine and makes sense, but it's not really how that new rule was applied 2 days ago, so how am I supposed to know where to draw the line? Then you might as well just not post, that's the danger he's refering to

Reactions: OldCraig71

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The problem with OT is our strategy, we arnt playing to try to win the game, we are playing not to lose it,

CJ is just playing for the shootout and hopes Price wins it for us,

We need to go all out on offense in OT, if the other team gets a breakaway or a 2 on 1 then who cares, you hope Price can stop it, isn't that why he is the highest paid goalie in the league?

They don't have a strategy, you're right. People who have played in 3 on 3 leagues will tell you that most goals are scored on a turnover rush. Habs aren't playing the fast break. Heck, we don't know what they are playing.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Events of the last few days? I missed a chapter.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
the problem is that it is now unclear what is just complaining and what is bannable, and some people will just stop voicing their opinions instead of trying to figure out what they can and cannot post

the post Treb just made is fine and makes sense, but it's not really how that new rule was applied 2 days ago, so how am I supposed to know where to draw the line? Then you might as well just not post, that's the danger he's refering to

I don't think it's hard to understand. Complain all you want about the team, players, management and so on just don't say, "I hope they lose."

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

You can complain all you want, it's the tanking talk that's a nono. You can say: "I think we lose cause the Sens will want revenge." But not: "I hope we lose." See the difference?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FYI we are testing out a new forum feature called Live Threads. New posts will continuously pop in like a constant feed so you can follow along without refreshing.

If you'd like to try it, join the usergroup here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/account/join-user-groups

It will only affect a few specific threads at this time like this GDT.

Let @SniperHF know if you run into any problems with it.

Reactions: NobleSix and Tuggy

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I don't think it's hard to understand. Complain all you want about the team, players, management and so on just don't say, "I hope they lose."

You can complain all you want, it's the tanking talk that's a nono. You can say: "I think we lose cause the Sens will want revenge." But not: "I hope we lose." See the difference?

But see that's the rule Treb just posted, that is absolutely not the rule that is stickied.

The rule that is stickied doesn't talk about drive-by posts in GDTs, it covers every thread, every angle and every mention of the word or strategy

technically both of your posts and my post could fall under that, and they might

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I don't know if anyone brought it up yet. But Deslauriers draws back in. I'm sure it's CJ ensuring that if Sens try to get testy, Habs will have someone who will be answer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I don't know if anyone brought it up yet. But Deslauriers draws back in. I'm sure it's CJ ensuring that if Sens try to get testy, Habs will have someone who will be answer.

That and I thought the 4th line was missing D-lo for much of the match. The 4th line has a better cycle and consistent offensive pressure with him than Peca. But Peca had some nice rushes that created chances. Still I wouldn't have made changes given we had the formula for success last game and our team speed was part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->