GDT: Canadiens @ Senators 7PM CBC|RDS|TSN 1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Take a look at last year's cup finalists NHL Teams by Weight, Height, and Age.

Teams that are tough and good defensively go far, not necessarily teams that are big and heavy. This is a trend that has persisted since the lock-out:

12/13 Chicago and Boston
11/12 LA and NJ
10/11 Boston and Vancouver
09/10 Chicago and Philadelphia
08/09 Pittsburgh and Detroit
07/08 Detroit and Pittsburgh
06/07 Anaheim and Ottawa
05/06 Carolina and Edmonton

Of those 16 teams, 10/16 were good defensively and tough (excluding Carolina, Edmonton, Ottawa, Pittsburgh x2 and NJ). How many were big and heavy? I don't have the numbers for height and weight unfortunately, but it looks to me like Anaheim, Philadelphia, and LA are the only teams with big, hulking players to have made it to the finals (3/16). Again, someone with the numbers should chime in, but this claim about height/weight being the most vital key to success is a fallacy.

Defence and toughness (mental, not just physical) are the only common denominators.

Thank you. Can I source your post next time somebody goes off on a big-ism tangent?

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
When the guy's not even playing in this game? I'm not a fan of the idea. He'll be around for a good long while. No sense driving the chant into the ground before e's even established himself. Let's save it for special occasions.

every game we play montreal in our building is a special game since i never want to hear that ****ing chant in our building and when Pageau is in the lineup i expect we will hear it EVERY SINGLE TIME habs fans start the ole chant. its like a get out of jail free card.

JMMR

Mar 21, 2006
Ottawa
Any Sens fans looking to go to the game tonight?
Pm me tickets will only cost a donation to my Movember campagin.
Lower bowl section 119.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
JRZJ7rI.jpg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Wouldn't it make more sense to put Neil on the 4th line & Conacher on the 3rd line for tonight's game & create a 3rd scoring line? Don't see anyone including Yost complaining about Kassian being in the lineup for tonight's game. Should be a fun night, can you sing the OLE song using Zibanejad? :nod:

Greening - Spezza - Zibanejad
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Conacher - Smith - Michalek
Kassian - Grant - Neil.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
Wouldn't it make more sense to put Neil on the 4th line & Conacher on the 3rd line for tonight's game & create a 3rd scoring line? Don't see anyone including Yost complaining about Kassian being in the lineup for tonight's game. Should be a fun night, can you sing the OLE song using Zibanejad? :nod:

Kassian - Grant - Neil.

Kassian - Grant - Neil

There i fixed your lines for you.:yo:

Milan the God*

Last time we played Montreal, we embarrassed them in their own barn. Not only did we win 6-1, we ended their playoff season at a mere five games which is pretty disappointing if you're the #2 seed in the East.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Yost is Yost. Most people realize he doesn't know much other than some other bloggers stats. I'm sure he has some who believe what he says but it would certainly be a few merry men. Probably hasn't seen a live game so doesn't see what happens behind the play. The only way he is happy is if all d men are Karlsson and all forwards are goal scoring machines. Take 50 stupid shots to up your corsi and fenwick and maybe one will go in.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Kassian - Grant - Neil

There i fixed your lines for you.:yo:

:laugh: Just think, even a month ago people on here would have gone crazy on you for even suggesting that Turris could be the #1 centre on this team & here we are a month later & people accept it. :nod: What a difference a month makes even though Spezza leads all forwards in pts on this team. :shakehead

member 137785

Is anyone else getting a video WITH sound being played on almost every page they view on here? It's getting so I no longer visit as it overplays whatever else I'm listening to, and is chewing up my limited bandwidth!

Is there a setting I should change or ??? I'm using Chrome on Windows 7. Thanks.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Is anyone else getting a video WITH sound being played on almost every page they view on here? It's getting so I no longer visit as it overplays whatever else I'm listening to, and is chewing up my limited bandwidth!

Is there a setting I should change or ??? I'm using Chrome on Windows 7. Thanks.

download the ad blocking extension and enable it

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I hate that advertising crap too, it's on the bottom of almost every page, wish I knew how to get rid of it but I expect it's one way the site gets paid.

BlazingRoy

Cacaw
Dec 8, 2010
We have all the ingredients needed to win this one tonight.

Forwards are getting better
Defense is finally improving
Goaltending is strong

Add some salt and we get a 4 - 1 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->