GDT: Canadiens @ Senators 7PM CBC|RDS|TSN 1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

King EK65

#KuldaApproved
Jun 26, 2013
Canada
No rispeck, claseless!! Nice GDT.

Hope i'll be able to watch the game at 2am in my timezone. Go sens go!

Maxd

Sep 29, 2008
Looking forward to the game tonight but really frustrated that Conacher keeps having his playing time reduced. The kid works hard and could be really useful if he has some good line mates.

I have a feeling that Murray really doesn't like small players. To be fair, look at the teams that do well ... they are BIG, with very very few exceptions.

Don't get me wrong, I love Conacher, but there may be something to the 'size matters' argument.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I would be feeling really good about tonight if we weren't wearing the @#$#ing heritage jerseys. Our record wearing those is brutal. I keep telling myself that it is irrational to think that way, our record in those jerseys is purely a coincidence, etc., but still, I like our reds best...

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Can we still usurp ole ole ole with pageau pageau pageau......im serious when i say that i thought we had licked that problem for at least the length of Pageau's career.
#callhimmupmup

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Can we still usurp ole ole ole with pageau pageau pageau......im serious when i say that i thought we had licked that problem for at least the length of Pageau's career.
#callhimmupmup

When the guy's not even playing in this game? I'm not a fan of the idea. He'll be around for a good long while. No sense driving the chant into the ground before e's even established himself. Let's save it for special occasions.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I have a feeling that Murray really doesn't like small players. To be fair, look at the teams that do well ... they are BIG, with very very few exceptions.

Don't get me wrong, I love Conacher, but there may be something to the 'size matters' argument.

I agree but it begs the question "why did they trade for him then" ? With Conacher in the lineup we are still a very big team.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
too bad our team is not has good has our GDT's .. if this is ur best one yet then you should come over our board and see ours... lol..

should be a great game tonight!

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

Murray doesn't make the lines or choose the ice time.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
kVQ2jok.jpg_1927756551_n.jpg

mrkevo

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Murray doesn't make the lines or choose the ice time.

LOL I'm sure he meant Maclean. And yes I agree Maclean obviously doesn't like him that much. I still think that there's a place for him on this team and hes a valuable asset if used right. He just needs players to play with to be effective, preferably someone who will shoot the puck like Michalek since Conacher stands infront of the net and agitates. He'll provide a distraction, draw a few penalties and most likely put away a couple rebounds.

Its probably due to his size and not an attitude thing, but the way this kid plays I really don't think his size is a huge issue.

Milan the God*

CBC? Oh no...we get to hear the crew drool over Montreal :(

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Didnt realize CBC showed games other than saturday, hopefully our slow dman are not exploited by montreals speed this game. Hopefully Turris outshines Eller tonight I just coulndt believe when I saw Turris vs Eller poll

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Galley confirmed on TSN 1200 yesterday that he is in fact doing the game with Hughson. :shakehead

Is Healey doing the game? If not this would be amazing. I love Galley, best colour commentator in the game by a wide margin. Hughson is fine as long as he's not doing Canucks games.

bta1976

Aug 20, 2012
#callhimmupmup

No, but Bobby might work pretty good if he plays a great game.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Is Healey doing the game? If not this would be amazing. I love Galley, best colour commentator in the game by a wide margin. Hughson is fine as long as he's not doing Canucks games.

I think Ferraro is the best. Galley is too down the middle, predictable for me.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010

Take a look at last year's cup finalists NHL Teams by Weight, Height, and Age.

Teams that are tough and good defensively go far, not necessarily teams that are big and heavy. This is a trend that has persisted since the lock-out:

12/13 Chicago and Boston
11/12 LA and NJ
10/11 Boston and Vancouver
09/10 Chicago and Philadelphia
08/09 Pittsburgh and Detroit
07/08 Detroit and Pittsburgh
06/07 Anaheim and Ottawa
05/06 Carolina and Edmonton

Of those 16 teams, 10/16 were good defensively and tough (excluding Carolina, Edmonton, Ottawa, Pittsburgh x2 and NJ). How many were big and heavy? I don't have the numbers for height and weight unfortunately, but it looks to me like Anaheim, Philadelphia, and LA are the only teams with big, hulking players to have made it to the finals (3/16). Again, someone with the numbers should chime in, but this claim about height/weight being the most vital key to success is a fallacy.

Defence and toughness (mental, not just physical) are the only common denominators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->