Canadiens looking to draft a goaltender

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If Habs take a goalie in 1st round or even high 2nd I recommend people read Habs board.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Makes sense. Haven't drafted one since 2009 and have no real prospect depth to speak of. Hamilton has Tokarski/Delmas, nothing of note in Junior/Euro leagues.

Yeah. I don't see why they wouldn't look to draft a goaltender. It's certainly not a strength of their pipeline at the moment. Just because they have Price and will likely have him for a very long time...it's still a good idea to continue drafting and developing young goaltenders to complement that.

vad87

Feb 15, 2008
Quebec
Why the hell this thread is on the main board? Is like Price is going to be traded because we pick a goalie in the 3rd round? :laugh:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I hate that people will spin this to have something to do with Price even though the goalie we pick won't be ready for 4 or 5 years.

I just hope Fucale is gone before we pick so we don't take him.

Sep 18, 2009
Habs should trade for Subban and then draft younger Subban. Then they can have Subban with Subban with Subban.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I would puke if that happened. There's so many potentialy good players with size on D and forwards, esp. coming from the Q this year. If MB pass this up, he's a fool.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
they're totally going to take fucale.

God I hope not.

Looking at the starting goaltenders in the league right now there are just as many if not more who were taken either in the late rounds or not drafted at all as there are 1st round picks. Picking a goalie with a 1st round pick is bad asset management.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Better not be in the first 2 rounds, our offence is terrible, goalie is not a position we should be worrying about right now.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They will, they have too many picks not to and they need something in the system.

I don't even consider Saros and while I rank Desroisiers and Fucale high on my list, I don't particularly want the Habs to end up with either. Desrosiers is extremely coachable though and he has the rebound control at a young age, which is extremely important, I only question his athleticism on second shot chances.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
I'd love to see one in the 2nd or 3rd round given what we have in the system at the moment. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and draft a future starter.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Id love to take Jarry. Because of the lack of exposure he could become a serious steal. Plus since we already have a young good starter we could afford the risk/reward

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
If Habs take a goalie in 1st round or even high 2nd I recommend people read Habs board.

It would be a good idea to draft a goalie with the type of picks we have.

I'm just opposed to the idea of drafting a goalie with a top 10 pick. Unless we're talking about an amazing goalie that was supposed to go top 5 and is slipping or something.

I just think drafting goalies with a high pick is such a big stupid waste. But since our picks are not anywhere near top 15 then it's a good idea. But goalies are not exciting choices since they're so far away from their top potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad