GDT: Canadiens @ Jets | Tues Oct 15 | 7PM CST/8PM EST | MTS Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I've heard must win thrown out in a lot of situations where it clearly wasn't a must win, but this has got to be the most ludicrous.

I've said that every game.

And clearly you lack urgency.
If this isn't a must win, I don't know what is.

EDIT: just to be safe :sarcasm:

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Absolutely terrible decision.
Even if Pavs plays well tonight, still a terrible message to send to players.

What terrible message is that? That you have faith in your starting goaltender of 4 years? Who for better or for worse is our franchise goaltender, for the foreseeable future? And that there's no need to start a goaltender controversy/challenge in the 7th game of the season with a 600k backup? I like Monty and wouldn't have minded seeing him start too, but I wouldn't say this is terrible message.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Absolutely terrible decision.
Even if Pavs plays well tonight, still a terrible message to send to players.

Terrible in your opinion.

Pavelec is the starting goalie, and the Jets are playing a vastly superior team in Montreal as opposed to New Jersey.

This is a pretty easy and correct decision IMO.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

Pavelec is the starting goalie, and the Jets are playing a vastly superior team in Montreal as opposed to New Jersey.

Agree, KW. Would I be fine is Montoya got rewarded the start? sure. But, Pavelec is our #1, and truth be told has played rather well for us early on here this season, so I am definitely ok with going back to Pavelec tonight.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah, I'm fine with going back to Pav's tonight. I'd rather send the message that our back-up isn't going to be given starts just because he wins than the message that every time we rest our #1 theres a chance his spot is at risk...

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I for one am glad Pavs plays. I was worreid Noel would go with Montoya again as hes oft to do and we'd see a stinker from him, as always seesm to happen.

Montoya is the backup. He's there to give Pavs rest. Using him in consecutive games defeats the purpose. I want Monty to play often but never consecutively. If i was the coach Monty would play at least one game of every back to back and once every 4 or 5 games otherwise where it makes sense.

Diatidialga

Sep 13, 2011
Winnipeg
I for one am glad Pavs plays. I was worreid Noel would go with Montoya again as hes oft to do and we'd see a stinker from him, as always seesm to happen.

Montoya is the backup. He's there to give Pavs rest. Using him in consecutive games defeats the purpose. I want Monty to play often
but never consecutively. If i was the coach Monty would play at least one game of every back to back and once every 4 or 5 games otherwise where it makes sense.

Monty has never had a bad game for is

bazaaa*

Montoya is the backup. He's there to give Pavs rest. Using him in consecutive games defeats the purpose. I want Monty to play often but never consecutively. If i was the coach Monty would play at least one game of every back to back and once every 4 or 5 games otherwise where it makes sense.

This x100.
We have the biggest bandwagon fans in the league.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets pre-game audio

Trouba-and-Bogosian-stretch-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Andrew Ladd - Keeping same game plan as Sunday. Get excited for playing Habs? Biggest difference in Sunday's game from Friday vs. Dallas. Feel responsibility to help Mark Scheifele? Evander stepping up. Is there an awareness of this team of their struggles against Montreal? Working on little details.

Evander Kane - How does he measure a successful game for himself? Getting more pucks at the net. Is he trying to set the tone more this year? Struggling against the Canadiens? Has the line juggling helped him? What does he bring to his new line?

Ondrej Pavelec - Does he get up for playing an Original 6 team? Challenges the Habs present. Did he see anything on Sunday from the bench? Excited to get back out there? Struggles against the Habs in the past. Does his approach change when facing the Habs skill players?

To listen click here.

Up next: Coach Noel

Last edited:

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Just placed 400 vCash on the Jets, expecting Bogo, Buff and Troubs to be hammering Habs forwards all night long and Wheeler to finally come out of his funk with 2 highlight reel goals.

3 - 1 Jets :nod:

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
The plan all along was to start Monty against a weaker NJ team, then come back with Pavelec (who has also been good) against a tougher MTL

I don't think there is anything Montoya could have done to change that.

In this situation I have no problem with it.

If Pavelec had really been struggling (not the case), and Montoya comes in and plays well; Then yeah i'd think we should roll with him.

But this was strictly about giving Pavelec a quick break before a tough game during a busy week.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Stick Trouba to Eller like he's made of glue, and shadow and frustrate Subban to make him take a dozen stupid penalties, and the rest of the game should work out if the Jets play a heavy physical game without taking stupid penalties themselves.

500 semolians on the Jets to win this.

The Jets need to exorcise the mythical Habs out of their heads and treat this team like they should treat every other Eastern team - with contempt and disrespect.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
False. He was brutal in his first Jets game vs. the Islanders. He also struggled in both of his relief appearances last season.

Career wise they are pretty evenly comparable for NHL...

But, I'm not arguing for Montoya, in fact, I'm 100% fine with Pav's playing today.

I don't really believe much in playing the "hot hand", more so believe you play your best players while you divvy up the workload responsibly (ex: Montoya should have played DAL and Pav's NJD)

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Noel-pre-game-300x167.jpg

Coach Noel - Coming out with energy and playing a 60 minute game. Raising team compete level. Getting team to compete hard. Finding ways to lose against Montreal. Should team be over confident? Evander Kane’s leadership. What he brings to the table. Pavelec talk.

To listen click here.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Career wise they are pretty evenly comparable for NHL...

But, I'm not arguing for Montoya, in fact, I'm 100% fine with Pav's playing today.

I wasn't saying anything about Pavelec vs. Montoya. I think Montoya is a good backup who needs to be used more frequently.

Was just saying that Montoya has in fact had bad outings in a Jets uniform.

I don't really believe much in playing the "hot hand", more so believe you play your best players while you divvy up the workload responsibly (ex: Montoya should have played DAL and Pav's NJD)

I'm going to flip **** the next time Noel starts Pavelec in back-to-back games. Or in Pittsburgh. My god is Pavelec bad in Pittsburgh.

Don't really have an issue with him starting tonight.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Somehow, we need to find a way to merge Pavs with Montoya, so we have an athletic goalie, who controls rebounds, is good positionally, and plays the puck well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad