GDT: Canadiens @ Jets | Tues Oct 15 | 7PM CST/8PM EST | MTS Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Habs fan here. Our defense has been pretty dire so far this season, so I think you guys have more of a shot than you suspect.

Should be an interesting game - Habs always seem to be able to goad the Jets into playing their game, which never works out well! ;) G'luck tonight.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Habs fan here. Our defense has been pretty dire so far this season, so I think you guys have more of a shot than you suspect.

Nice try but you ain't foolin nobody with that crap! The Jerts will NOT under-estimate the Habs!

:sarcasm:

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
When do they usually add the games for vbookie betting? I see a couple of games up so far, but that's it.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Interesting setup for this game for sure.

The Jets don't play well against the Habs, and they also haven't shown the consistency yet to follow up a good game (Devils), with more good games.

Can the Jets start taking steps towards consistency tonight?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Well that won't matter much because if history repeats we won't be testing your D tonight. Thankfully you have added some size and power to your roster because when you were a smaller team we loved to stand around and watch you skate and score.

I always think we have a shot except against Montreal.

Weather forecast..........Severe Thunderstorm warning in the PGT region of Jets nation.

I want to be wrong so bad

gjg

:sarcasm:

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
it really is all about defense. the Habs seem to score when they HAVE to score; i.e against a team with excellent offense. See recent Canucks game. they wont come in here throwing pucks at the net, they'll defend and probably score on the pp opportunities that we'll surely give them. the defense (ours) will be (will have to be) the difference. take that as you will. there's my optimistic view..

"Defend" lol. We had no defense against Vancouver, Price was simply amazing and saved our butts.

Tonight will be about which goalie stand tall. IMO the score will either be 3/4/5 - 0 or something like 5-6 it can go both ways.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I just want us to come out and dictate the pace, play physical, do all of the little things, the basics. The things that bring success and have proven to bring us success when we execute in the proper manner.

We heard the team speak of "playing the right way" after last game, this is a good test tonight.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
We are in the West now......That means we automatically push around the little girly teams in the East right? :sarcasm:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I just want us to come out and dictate the pace, play physical, do all of the little things, the basics. The things that bring success and have proven to bring us success when we execute in the proper manner.

We heard the team speak of "playing the right way" after last game, this is a good test tonight.

I agree. The jets do best when they play the basics. Play big, fast and basic. Leave all the fancy stuff at home, skate hard, shoot the puck as often as possible, crowd the net, then defend.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Should be an interesting game - Habs always seem to be able to goad the Jets into playing their game, which never works out well! ;) G'luck tonight.

It's not Montreal that always seems to play well against Jets, it's Lars Eller that turns into a superstar against you guys I have no idea why :laugh: . But this should be a close one, our defense is playing pretty terribly. And seeing Trouba play is so amazing, he looks like a veteran with a mean streak out there.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
Nice GDT.

Loved the effort last game even more than the result. Please keep the pendulum moving in that direction.

To the Jets fans going to MTS tonight...do your best to keep Habs fans from turning it into a home game for the Habs like they did in Edmonton on the weekend.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I really don't see any reason to put Peluso in instead of Wright or Halishcuk. I think Claude will keep the lines as they are with Clitsome sitting again.

Pavelec will also get the start, I believe. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Montoya in.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You guys most likely won't win because Lars Eller is an anti-aircraft weapon with no peer, but if you do, it's going to be because the Habs' penalty kill and 3rd D pair suck. Get a few PPs, embarass Bouillon, and you might come out happy tonight.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Hopefully Halischuk draws 3rd line duty tonight, I think his speed and forechecking ability would give the Habs more trouble than Tangradi considering their team makeup.

Kane-Little-Wheeler
Ladd-Scheifele-Frolik
Halishchuk-Jokinen-Setoguchi
Wright-Slater-Tangradi

That's what I'd go with. I'll still be cheering regardless. :)

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Trying not to get my hopes too high about this. Montreal is like our kryptonite.

Go jets go! Just please put in a hard working, 60 minute effort...

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
First!

Wow, very cool.

Don't have a good feeling about this one, but considering its a must win game I think we pull it out!

Jets 3-2

I've heard must win thrown out in a lot of situations where it clearly wasn't a must win, but this has got to be the most ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->