HF Habs: Canadiens 2021-22 Schedule Released

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Death, taxes, and the habs starting the season on the road..... 3 things you can count on in life.

It's clearly done on purpose, but I wonder why.

The last time they started at home was in that lockout shortened season in 2013, I think.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
lol, love how they have our first game against Winnipeg in March. Hoping nobody will recall the scheiffle incident by then.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Start times released today:

E8sWqpYWEAIa_Pm

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
There is a two-week Olympic break in the schedules. But if NHL players don't go to the Olympics, they will modify the schedule to have games played during those two weeks:

E8sXaVHXsAIWGBt

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
For the holidays, it's because the Bell Center is usually holding other events.

But it also helps the southern teams like the ones in Florida draw crowds because of the snowbirds.

I think it started with Disney on Ice during the holidays... not sure if it's always the same event (i know it's not what you are saying i'm just wondering) .

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think it started with Disney on Ice during the holidays... not sure if it's always the same event (i know it's not what you are saying i'm just wondering) .

It's possible it's for Disney on Ice and possible that it's for other events like concerts. But it's not only that Habs play away during the holidays, because they could have scheduled them away to Detroit, Columbus or New Jersey. But the reason they send them down south instead is because of the snowbirds.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
f***ing annoyed by ALWAYS catering to Figcrowd to start the season.

The habs always start on the road. The last time they started at home was against Toronto in that lockout shortened season.

For whatever reason, it seems like the habs organization prefers to start October on the road year after year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Geezus, we're playing Toronto and Ottawa in pre-season and that's it?

Didn't we get enough of those 2 last year! :eviltongu

5 of their last 7 games last season was against Ottawa and Toronto.

All 6 of their pre-season games this year will be against Ottawa and Toronto.

First game of the season, they play against Toronto.

Thankfully after that, they will only have 4 games against Canadian teams until the "Olympic break" in February.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So when do we find out it’ll be North Division again w Covid raging in Florida?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Start times released today:

E8sWqpYWEAIa_Pm

Hmm I see ZERO 10 oclock starting times which is obviously too good to be true so im guessing all these starting times are local?

Geezus, we're playing Toronto and Ottawa in pre-season and that's it?

Didn't we get enough of those 2 last year! :eviltongu

Ahhh come on bud its always like that in preseason lol, its normally always 8 games vs Toronto, Ottawa and Boston

Looks like they want to keep the border crossing for regular season this year

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So when do we find out it’ll be North Division again w Covid raging in Florida?

Nah f*** that bud, that wont ever happen again, north division had it ROUGH last year with all the teams going back and forth back and forth west to east, it was a huge disadvantage where as all the other "pocket divisions" kept everyones travel more local, where as The North division was completely horizontal

Im betting every single canadian team would protest against this happening again

So if anything DID happen, it would be more Tampa and Florida roaming the league without a real "home base" exactly like the Raptors and Blue Jays had to do the last year and a half before they bring back a canadian only division
(which I still absolutely love that we were the ones to outright win the once in a lifetime division, once and forever)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad