Canadians, Who Are You Cheering For Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Finland because of Saku Koivu. Although it wouldn't hurt me if Russia (Kovalev and Markov) or the Czech (Bulis) won either. I don't care much for the Swedes, as they have no Canadiens.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
No one really... I'm part Finnish, so I guess I'd like them to win over whos left, but Russia has been my favorite team to watch so far.

jd84

Jan 28, 2006
I am not Canadian but whatever. I am cheering for Russia b/c it will be sweet for Ovechkin to win the gold since there are no playoffs in his future.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
I'm returning to my priority, the Philadelphia Flyers. I'm cheering for Gagne's knee to not be seriously hurt and I'm cheering for Forsberg's groin to stay healthy.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Russia for me. First, it makes us feel slightly better if it turns out that we were beaten by the Gold medal team. Second, Russia is so talented, you can't but admire it. Finland would be my second choice because they've played so hard. The least deserving is Sweden.

ZadorovNJD*

Ehhhh, probably Russia. Ovechkin is my favourite player left, and Kozlov is supposedly a Devil.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Finland. They've never won and they're a top hockey country, so it would be nice to see them win one. Even Great Britian has won hockey gold. Go Suomi.

Complaining Customer

Aug 23, 2005
I've been cheering for Russia since the start. Mainly because I just love how these young Russians play and can't get enough of it, but also because I really didn't care for most of the canadian roster. I would still have liked to see the Canadians get the silver, but they really didn't deserve anything.

Too bad the Russians and the Finns can't finish 1-2, they've been amazing!

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
TheFinalWord said:
Finland. They've never won and they're a top hockey country, so it would be nice to see them win one. Even Great Britian has won hockey gold. Go Suomi.

Great britain has never won olympic gold have they? I thought they had won in the world championships, so have the finns.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
psycho_dad said:
Great britain has never won olympic gold have they? I thought they had won in the world championships, so have the finns.

Year Gold Silver Bronze
1920 Canada United States Czechoslovakia
1924 Canada United States Great Britain
1928 Canada Sweden Switzerland
1932 Canada United States Germany
1936 Great Britain Canada United States
1948 Canada Czechoslovakia Switzerland
1952 Canada United States Sweden
1956 Soviet Union United States Canada
1960 United States Canada Soviet Union
1964 Soviet Union Sweden Czechoslovakia
1968 Soviet Union Czechoslovakia Canada
1972 Soviet Union United States Czechoslovakia
1976 Soviet Union Czechoslovakia F.R. Germany
1980 United States Soviet Union Sweden
1984 Soviet Union Czechoslovakia Sweden
1988 Soviet Union Finland Sweden
1992 Unified Team Canada Czechoslovakia
1994 Sweden Canada Finland
1998 Czech Republic Russia Finland
2002 Canada United States Russia

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
Finland. I'd be happy to see them take home the gold, I like their game, and, well... I like their captain. I'm glad the Habs kept him, regardless of price, and I want to see him lead team to a championship. I know he can, he just doesn't have the backup in Montreal to do it.

Anybody but the Russians. I'm bitter, angry and jealous and I want them to lose lose LOSE LOSE LOSSE LOS> LSPOEJFKOSEJLF ARHGHGH

AgentNaslund*

im cheering for Russia. Awesome team to watch, exciting team. Go Russia.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
If Sweden would be eliminated, I would go with Russia. They are so talented it hurts and they have accomplished what no other Russian team has accomplished yet: to form a team that works together. They excel in goal, defense and most of all, offense.

They deserve the gold. I wouldn't mind Sweden stealing it from them, but if we don't, they truly deserve it. The Russian people have gone through alot of **** and they could need some cheering.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
I am American, but the same concept applies to us - cheering for somebody else. :shakehead

I like the Finns and the Russians (because they weren't afraid to bring their brilliant kids to the Olympics, unlike two other teams we know). I think Finland will win it all.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Russia gets my support from here on in, they are a great team to watch. It would be a great career boost for young guys like Ovechkin and Malkin to start off with a Gold medal in their first Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad