Canadian World Juniors who never played in NHL?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't follow juniors and prospects that closely so there may be a lot, just wondering if there are any, or how many players have competed for Canada in the World Junior championships who never played a game in the NHL?

Let's keep it to the last 10 years or so.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Rejean Beauchemin was a goalie in 2005 for Canada who never played a game in the NHL and is currently playing in Germany. I only know this because he was a Flyers prospect. Same goes for the other Canadian goalie that year, Jeff Glass.

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
Olivier Michaud played a game with the Habs before playing for canada, though didnt play another game in the nhl after the tournament. Alex Rouleau from 2003 could barely get out of the ECHL in his north american pro career. Doesnt look like Dan Bertram from 06 and 07 will be making the show either

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
ahahaha jeff glass.

i cant help but imagine how different his career would have been if he hadnt been stuck on some of the worst bingo teams ever.

Oblivion

Oct 2, 2008
Calgary
In 2005 Canada had what was seemingly the most stacked juniors team ever. Off that squad, the goalies Beauchemin and Glass never played in the NHL as well as Stephen Dixon and Jeremy Collition.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Good article in the Toronto Sun about Canadian Gold winning goalies and their lack of success in the NHL. :)

connellc

Dec 2, 2010
I styarted watching this tournament around 2000 ish, so some of these names DO ring a bell

David Morisset: Played only 4 games out of hockey now. I think he had a pretty big tournament too

Jared Aulin: I remember he was on the first line and scored some big goals for Canada. He only played a couple of season in the NHL. Him and Camelleri were the stars of the team that year.

Also, lots of the goalies just didn't end up making it either.

BennyBST

Apr 16, 2007
Fairfield CT
I styarted watching this tournament around 2000 ish, so some of these names DO ring a bell

David Morisset: Played only 4 games out of hockey now. I think he had a pretty big tournament too

Jared Aulin: I remember he was on the first line and scored some big goals for Canada. He only played a couple of season in the NHL. Him and Camelleri were the stars of the team that year.

Also, lots of the goalies just didn't end up making it either.

Both of these guys' careers were cut short by injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad