Canadian WJC Centers

Koto

May 3, 2011
just wondering who everyone thinks will be the four canadian centers at the upcoming WJC

my guess is

Huburdeau
Strome
Schefeile
McNeil

are there any from the 2010 draft that are not likely to make their NHL club and are in the running for a wj spot?

AugustBurnsRed*

just wondering who everyone thinks will be the four canadian centers at the upcoming WJC

my guess is

Huburdeau
Strome
Schefeile
McNeil

are there any from the 2010 draft that are not likely to make their NHL club and are in the running for a wj spot?

My guess as well.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
McNeill isnt at the summer camp...doesnt mean he wont make it in dec but right now hockey canada has others ahead of him

Best case scenario for Team Canada:

Johansen
Nugent-Hopkins
Couturier
Scheifele

more likely scenario:

Strome
Couturier
Scheifele
Bournival

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
A lot of dynamic centers available this year, even if some are lost to the NHL.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
As a Habs fan, I was hoping that teams in the 10-16 range would pass over Schiefele so the Habs could get a great centreman prospect. Unfortunately, the 10-16 teams didn't even have a shot at him.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Does McNeill have a decent shot of making the roster? He's built solid for a checking role.
He wasn't invited to the summer development camp, but with a solid start to the season, maybe he'll get an invite to the winter one.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Schwartz
RNH
Couturier
Scheifele

Neither Hubey or Strome is going to be the 4th line center, it is a waste of their talents and they're not suited to playing the 4th line center role. They'll play wing if they make it.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
If Johansen is not in CLB he will be the no 1 center, likely playing with Schwartz.

If hes in CLB itl prolly be Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Schiefle looks like hes in the edge to get a bottom 6 spot, though it could easily be taken by older guys like Bournival etc.

I expect Huberdeau to be a winger, as could Strome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad