Canadian WJC captain predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Will anyone who was on the team last year be there this year? I would assume they would be the captain...

luv_canadian_hockey

Jul 1, 2005
Mississauga
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Will anyone who was on the team last year be there this year? I would assume they would be the captain...

cam barker and sidney crosby are the only guys from last year that are young enough to come back...and both are playing in the nhl..so i think that it will be an all new team...

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
If Barker plays, then him, otherwise I say Kris Chucko.

I can't see an 18 year old like Bourdon being named captain, maybe an alternate.

BTW, has an 18 year old ever been captain of Team Canada?

Kasparov*

Roughneck said:
If Barker plays, then him, otherwise I say Kris Chucko.

I can't see an 18 year old like Bourdon being named captain, maybe an alternate.

BTW, has an 18 year old ever been captain of Team Canada?

Kris who?

:propeller

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
There is basically no chance at all Barker is sticking with the Hawks and not coming to the WJs. He's played 11 minutes in one game, and the consenus among Hawks fans (and simple common sense - it's silly to keep him around as a 7th dman, and even sillier to keep him around as a 7th dman and not release him for the WJs) is that he is going back soon. With that in mind, my picks are:
C - Barker
A - Chipchura
A - Bolland
I'd personally prefer Chipchura as the captain over Barker but it's tough not to give it to him as the only returnee.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
I'd go with Chipchura, Bolland, or Chuko. Chucko probably not because he plays in College and most of these guys will come from the CHL so he won't be as familiar with them then the other two. All 3 are strong leaders in my mind.

Avery4Byng*

macleafs said:
C - Chipchuria/Bolland
A - Bolland/Chipchuria
A - Comeau

I second that. Comeau gets zero respect around this place. The guy has played in 3 Memorial Cups, winning one of them. I think he brings the kind of attitude and winning history that the coaches will like and want him to spread around the room.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
What I have gathered from this thread is that fans of teams owning prospects that will be on the team believe that said prospect should\will be captain.

Overwhelmingly, the verdict is Kyle Chipchura.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MrMastodonFarm said:
I'd go with Chipchura, Bolland, or Chuko. Chucko probably not because he plays in College and most of these guys will come from the CHL so he won't be as familiar with them then the other two. All 3 are strong leaders in my mind.

Does that matter though? Wasn't Mike Van Ryn the captain of the Canadian WJC team while he was at Michigan?

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Does that matter though? Wasn't Mike Van Ryn the captain of the Canadian WJC team while he was at Michigan?
I'm not saying it's a big deal or anything, but it might swing in favour of a guy who is more familiar with the majority of the players.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
The captain will be Cam Barker if he returns. If not I think Chipchura.

MissCanuck

Apr 26, 2004
Quebec
Not high on seeing Barker as Captain... an A, maybe.
I think Chipchura would be most deserving of wearing the C. He's vocal, positive, has experience and plays a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad