GDT: Canadian West Side Story, eh? 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I can hear Joe Starkey saying, “What a bonanza!”
That game was incredible. Going into their barn, on a back to back, sustaining being down 2 top line players and losing another quality defenseman early. I’m flabbergasted. Seeing Pavelski outskate Kyle Connor to the net and roofing it with 4 seconds remaining.
Just a full bore effort by our boys. We skated with them, we hit with them and we won. This team is working it.

Go Sharks!!

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Vlasic was on for 3 Winnipeg goals, he had 3 points and was even. So I guess it was a good game.

Last edited:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
wow... So Vlassic, Jumbo and the goaltending all seem to be coming around just in time for the playoffs. That does not suck. Just need the EK twins back and this team might be a post season juggernaut.
DeBoer gets a ton of credit from me for the system change on December 2, 2018. But imagine this team with Barry Trotz behind the bench.
Not sure I'm all that convinced that Trotz is an upgrade. I like him but I never thought he was that great with the Preds. You could be right though.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Yeah, that's pretty deflating. He's been a solid player this season.

Hopefully Joakim Ryan can shake off the rust easily. The depth on this team is unprecedented. It's amazing how they're down a top 6 forward and a top 2 d-man and the brand of hockey doesn't change much at all.

Ryan has a lot to play for. With his recent comments (totally fine and fair), I expect good things out from him.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
wow... So Vlassic, Jumbo and the goaltending all seem to be coming around just in time for the playoffs. That does not suck. Just need the EK twins back and this team might be a post season juggernaut.

Not sure I'm all that convinced that Trotz is an upgrade. I like him but I never thought he was that great with the Preds. You could be right though.

I'm basing my opinion of Trotz off his work with the Capitals and then the Islanders. He's been amazing with both teams.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Just watched the game

Madre

De

Dios

Complete and utter roller coaster. Except if you understand the roller coaster, the biggest peak is always at the start, and this one was at the end, so it's like a backward roller coaster.

P.S. I may or may not be getting into the beers now that the game is over.

Reactions: slocal

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I'm OK with this low-energy Burns. I'm not OK with "overly active but flopping like a fish to block shots" Burns. Thank god he got that out of his system.

Mrs Ski

Sep 25, 2008
The Process
Belated....

Whooo HOOO!!! PavelSKI!!

I was at a friends house for the last part of the 3rd..I was checking the website and it said the Sharks 4-3, Then 4-4, Then 4-3 Sharks final...lol. They finally posted the 5-4 final. Very confusing but so satisfying.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Flames have another post-deadline blowup opponent up next, but the Panthers are a VERY beatable team as well. Avenge that stupid loss back in January.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Also, another big game for Dillon against top competition. He played 7:49 against Mark Schiefele (Schiefele's 3rd most frequent opponent behind Braun and Hertl), and allowed 5 shot attempt, 1 high danger chance, and 0 goals.
Just in case no one says... I love reading this info from you, good or bad. In this case it's nice to see how far Dillon has come. After EK65 and Burns he's the one untouchable D for me.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I don't think that Pav GWG was hit out of the air like Baker said originally, but I still don't think there is another NHL player that could have put that pass four feet high like he did. Pavelski has been incredible this season. I might start a GoFundMe to keep his ass on this team.
Charitable donations to the Pavelski Family Fund, i believe, are not reflected against the salary cap

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Just in case no one says... I love reading this info from you, good or bad. In this case it's nice to see how far Dillon has come. After EK65 and Burns he's the one untouchable D for me.

Glad to hear...Dillon has really been amazing this year. I’ve always been a little higher on him than most and I’ve always felt like he was a real effective player when played partnered with a competent defenseman that fit his skillset, like Heed or Schlemko. But I never saw this coming at all.

He’s still an unsung hero IMO so I felt the need to make him my avatar and start defending him lol

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Oh yeah

Sharks win!
giphy.gif
This gif makes me so uncomfortable every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->