WJC: Canadian U20 WJC Selection Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I'm guessing Anderson gets number 2.

Roy seems to be number 1, but a lot can change throughout the next 10 days.

I read at least 2 sources saying Visentin was a lock and tonight they would decide between Pickard and Roy. Anderson never had a chance...

ampersand5

Oct 25, 2010
ya, he has a horrible confidence/attitude problem.

All the talent in the world, but his head isn't always there. Very frustrating interview to hear.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I read at least 2 sources saying Visentin was a lock and tonight they would decide between Pickard and Roy. Anderson never had a chance...

if thats the case, its roy and visentin

ya, he has a horrible confidence/attitude problem.

All the talent in the world, but his head isn't always there. Very frustrating interview to hear.

anderson?

ive met him and he's a very quiet and calm kid

and seems real calm on the ice?????

ampersand5

Oct 25, 2010
if thats the case, its roy and visentin

anderson?

ive met him and he's a very quiet and calm kid

and seems real calm on the ice?????

sorry, I tried to quote the earlier post but i screwed it up. gudbranson is extremely cocky. Ever since "making" florida, his attitude and play have really changed.

Anderson is a very humble kid and definitely has a great attitude.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
feel free to provide sources...
but this is very far from the truth.

@kathleenlavoie Visentin est la pas mal sur et Anderson est out pas mal sur

http://twitter.com/StephRDSJunior

My opinion, for whatever it's worth, is that Visentin will get one of two jobs with Roy or Pickard or, as a longer shot, Anderson, the other about 10 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie

They made Roy and Pickard face Team Canada's shots because they had to choose between those two. Visentin was already in and Anderson already out.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Looks like Courturier may stay at wing for the tournament since he had a good night tonight.

Nugent Hopkins for being a pure offensive guy hasn't done much at all (points wise anyways).

I think Sheahan played his way onto the team tonight.

Down the middle I think we have Schenn, Johansen and Sheahan. Courturier too if they plan on keeping him at center and tonight was a one time thing. All 4 are big, can be physical and play great in their own end, just what Cameron wants. Cizikas is going to make it too probably if Courturier stays at wing.

So does RNH make this team, not big or defensive like Cameronw ants a t center and didn't put up points really through camp?

tfantasy

Pirate of Bengal
Jun 1, 2008
The 2 players with the most chemistry in the CHL would be invisible? Give your head a shake. The problem with this team is we are going to be relying on 2 lines to get us a goal when we really need it. Seems like the Canada braintrust is making their decisions based on the red vs white gmaes, rather than what these guys have done with their respective teams this season. Foligno has 1 good game and he is solid gold? What a joke. We'd be much better off having players who play together and have chemistry...like Wilson/Hishon or Toffoli/Prince. Instead we are taking a bunch of muckers who have rarely if ever played together and just PRAY they gel. I won't be shocked if Schenn, Schwartz, and Connolly are the next ones cut. It's too bad Shawn Cronin still isn't eligible....he'd be a perfect fit with this squad.
I totally agree with on Foligno being complete ass crap (even though he has started to improve a tiny bit this season) but Hishon/Wilson having the most chem in the CHL? You must live Owen Sound.

Last edited:

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Updated Team after tonights game

Schwartz - Schenn - Leblanc
Foligno - Johansen - Connolly
Howden - Sheahan - Hamilton
Ashton - Cizikas - Kassian

Ellis - Gudbranson
Cowan - Olsen
de Haan - Pysyk
Murphy

Visentin
Roy

i know gudbranson played ****** but i feel the coaching staff really likes him and know what he's capable of

bretzky29ca*

Ellis - Gudbranson
Cowan - Olsen
de Haan - Pysyk
Murphy

Visentin
Roy

i know gudbranson played ****** but i feel the coaching staff really likes him and know what he's capable of

Has Pysyk outplayed both Despres and Barrie for that 6th spot?

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax

Ellis - Gudbranson
Cowan - Olsen
de Haan - Pysyk
Murphy

Visentin
Roy

You don't think Couturier will make the team?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
eeek. sounds like Pickard has had a rough go of it. too bad. was really hoping he'd be able to take the #1 spot in net.

IMCanadian

Mar 18, 2010
I totally agree with you on Foligno being garbage but Hishon/Wilson having the most chem in the CHL? No way. You must live in Owen Sound.

It's pretty funny that people automatically dismiss Foligno because they don't see him play often or at all. If you were to see him play on a regular basis this year you would understand the level that he is currently playing at. He is a force out on the ice and has really improved offensively. The exact type of physical player the Canada needs in this tournament.

ampersand5

Oct 25, 2010
Casey Cizikas' back kept him out tonight: "It's still sore but it's definitely feeling better. If I had to play, I would have played." #WJC

I think Cizikas is likely in.

I want to see RNH as the 13th forward in case there are times where we need offense.

I really hope we don't take 4 17 year olds though, thats way too risky for my likes.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Visentin is not bad on and Anderson is out not bad on?

Visentin is in pretty sure and Anderson is out pretty sure.

That's what he wrote.

When someone says 'pas mal' it means pretty... pas mal laid... pretty ugly... il fait pas mal chaud ici... it's pretty hot in here.

But when taken out of context 'pas mal' means not hurt. Je n'ai pas mal... I'm not hurt.

tfantasy

Pirate of Bengal
Jun 1, 2008
We're going to go with size this year so we can try to intimidate the Russians and Swedes because they don't like the physical game. Its a decent strategy until its time to play the U.S

ampersand5

Oct 25, 2010
other tweets:
All of the healthy scratches tonight for Team Canada, locks to make the team, have all been tested by NEXT!
about 2 hours ago via web

According to HC_TeamCanada's Andre Brin -- as far as he knows -- all of the scratches tonight are healthy -- even Casey Cizikas.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
On TSN Bob didnt seem to think RNH showed enough to make the team this year since they will already have a few 17 year olds and he didnt really do enough apparently.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I really hope we don't take 4 17 year olds though, thats way too risky for my likes.

I know what you mean but it's pretty easy to make arguments in favour of all of them right now.

As far as the defensemen go if they choose to leave Gudbranson off then both could make it. It doesn't sound like Barrie, Pysyk or Despres have been good enough however Despres may have come around tonight and he is a 19 year old that was expected to be there.

Couturier's gotta be on, RNH sounds like a good bet to be 13th forward and Ryan Murphy has shown quite well. Really hard to say though....their probably mulling over this as we speak.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
On TSN Bob didnt seem to think RNH showed enough to make the team this year since they will already have a few 17 year olds and he didnt really do enough apparently.

Disappointment after disappointment with that guy. If Larsson's point totals are seen as a negative, then you have to think that RNH's performance through the first half of the season is even more concerning. There's a point where you can't just talk about "oh, but he's got the tools" —*you have to see some evidence.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

Really? Before tonight's game he said he would be surprised if RNH didn't make it as the 13th forward because we lack pure dynamic offensive, other than a couple guys up front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad