Canadian Thanksgiving

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
Nope... we all run around naked eating raw polar bear meat from sticks, while chanting prayers to the snow goddess in french....????????

OK, that's weird because that's exactly what the family down the path from our igloo does.

Joe? Joe from Canada? Is that you? It's Bruce, Bruce from Canada. Drop by when you get a chance.

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
Holy ****.

What type of culture do you think Canadians have?

The Yanks took this holiday from us.
I’ve been living in Canada for almost all my life (24 years) and still don’t know if Canadians really celebrate thanksgiving. So I am not sure if you’re sarcastic or not.

I live in Quebec and and people most definitely do not celebrate Thanksgiving here. I am originally crom Eastern Europe so we don’t celebrate it either.

Arhidia

Jan 6, 2019
How about we keep the tv closed
And the cell phones off and spend time with fam

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
They should schedule it as
Sunday night.. Jets vs Canucks
Monday Habs vs Leafs, Oilers vs Flames
Alternate locations...
2020, Jets at Canucks, Leafs at Habs, Oilers at Flames.
2021 switch, Canucks at Jets, Habs at Leafs, Flames at Oilers
2022 switch... and so on

wow what an elaborate plan

it' safe to say you are the only one on the face of this earth that came up with that kind of a suggestion

how did you come up with such a brilliant idea

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
We all know just how popular football is on American Thanksgiving. But why can't NHL try making this a thing on Canadian Thanksgiving?

We have 7 Canadian teams. Why not have 2 face off Sunday night, 4 face off Monday afternoon/evening, and the other could get either a Sunday afternoon or Monday night game.

Just seems like it makes too much sense to me. Hockey and Thanksgiving seems like it would be a great tradition for Canadians.

I've always felt Hockey Day in Canada should be on Canadian Thanksgiving. All 7 Canadian teams playing back-to-back-to-back-to-back with 1 playing a US team, obviously.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
NFL teams play 16 games in a regular season which makes each individual game much more meaningful than the NHL with their 82 game schedule. Plus it allows the players to more fully commit to each game and give it a full effort.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
wow what an elaborate plan

it' safe to say you are the only one on the face of this earth that came up with that kind of a suggestion

how did you come up with such a brilliant idea
Vodka, tequila, boredom... that last part is my secret ingredient

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
We all know just how popular football is on American Thanksgiving. But why can't NHL try making this a thing on Canadian Thanksgiving?

We have 7 Canadian teams. Why not have 2 face off Sunday night, 4 face off Monday afternoon/evening, and the other could get either a Sunday afternoon or Monday night game.

Just seems like it makes too much sense to me. Hockey and Thanksgiving seems like it would be a great tradition for Canadians.
I agree, they used to have CFL football on Thanksgiving, but stopped that for no reason. It would be smart to have a triple header, starting with Leafs vs Montreal at 1, Calgary vs Edmonton at 4, and Winnipeg and Vancouver at 7. Each year they could switch a few teams.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They should schedule it as
Sunday night.. Jets vs Canucks
Monday Habs vs Leafs, Oilers vs Flames
Alternate locations...
2020, Jets at Canucks, Leafs at Habs, Oilers at Flames.
2021 switch, Canucks at Jets, Habs at Leafs, Flames at Oilers
2022 switch... and so on
With Canadian Thanksgiving also being Columbus Day, you don't need to exclusively have Canadian vs Canadian match-ups.

Sunday have Toronto vs. Ottawa at 7pm ET, Vancouver vs. Seattle at 10pm ET
Monday have Winnipeg vs. Minnesota at 4pm ET, Montreal vs. Boston at 7pm ET, Calgary vs. Edmonton 10pm ET

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I’ve been living in Canada for almost all my life (24 years) and still don’t know if Canadians really celebrate thanksgiving. So I am not sure if you’re sarcastic or not.

I live in Quebec and and people most definitely do not celebrate Thanksgiving here. I am originally crom Eastern Europe so we don’t celebrate it either.
People definitely celebrate Thanksgiving in Quebec. It's a stat holiday here. I had multiple celebrations this weekend in Quebec.

It's not like Remembrance day where Quebec tries as hard as possible to forget that Canada fought both world wars as part of the British Empire.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I am Canadian and I don't care about Thanksgiving at all except for the long week end.
The point is you have a day that many Canadians don't work and can watch hockey all day from 1 to 10. They used to do that in the CFL, but dropped it for no apparent reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->