Canadian Teams on NBCSN

rodney dangerfield

Dec 8, 2015
I live in the states and saw that the Leafs and Oilers are playing each other tonite. I wanted to watch McDavid vs Matthews but was so disappointed to see instead, the game they have on broadcast is the Bruins vs. Capitals and Blues vs. Ducks. Why does NBCSN not air games between Canadian teams? The last thing I want to watch is the Ducks or the Coyotes (for example).

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I live in the states and saw that the Leafs and Oilers are playing each other tonite. I wanted to watch McDavid vs Matthews but was so disappointed to see instead, the game they have on broadcast is the Bruins vs. Capitals and Blues vs. Ducks. Why does NBCSN not air games between Canadian teams? The last thing I want to watch is the Ducks or the Coyotes (for example).

It think it is because they don’t own the broadcasting rights. That would be NHL center ice

Reactions: AD Skinner

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

They actually never do but this year they are showing a few games if I remember correctly. It is a different network needing to go to Canada if they want their own coverage instead of piggy backing a Canadian broadcast, and the borders are still closed (need to quarantine if entering Canada from the US).

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
They put it on NBCSN in January (Link). Ultimately, market driven viewership doesn’t translate into interest in individual matchups like McDavid and Matthews. It’s not the NBA.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The NHL doing things against their own interests? Shocking!

Dumbest pro sports league man.

Best sport in the world bar none, worst league in the world.

The fact that the NHL can’t profit more than it does is ridiculous.

They do a horrible job promoting/marketing the game, they don’t protect their stars, and they have the most incompetent referees that can utterly ruin games on a nightly basis.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hockey fans by and large are fans of teams, not players. There are very few fans of Canadian teams in the States. I'm sure there's the random dude in Illinois or Michigan or wherever who does want to see McDavid or Matthews but as someone else pointed out, this isn't like people tuning into a Lakers game only to see LeBron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->