Canadian Team Executive says incompetence of Matthews Deal will affect the rest of the League

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Incompetence of Chirelli is more likely to effect the League. Lucic on his contract is FAR worse. Draisaitl Draisaitl continued the trend, although not as bad. Beyond the Oilers there is that $10M goalie with what, 7 years left? And the $10M player who has never cracked 40 goals with 8 years left?

I get it, you hate the Leafs, but this is pretty sad even for you.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Incompetence of Chirelli is more likely to effect the League. Lucic on his contract is FAR worse. Draisaitl Draisaitl continued the trend, although not as bad. Beyond the Oilers there is that $10M goalie with what, 7 years left? And the $10M player who has never cracked 40 goals with 8 years left?

Lucic has nothing to do with the conversation at hand, which is 2nd contract for players coming off their entry deal.

Last edited:

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

You forgot the 11.6 million dollar player with the shortest term of them all who hasnt cracked 70 points yet.

Eichal signed for full 8 year term and Price had won a Hart trophy. Matthews doesnt have anywhere close to the hardware Price did and Prices contract was full 8 years plus he was a UFA. Matthews was an RFA and he got that deal which is why it affects the rest of the league. Even Draisaitl at least got 8 years with his contract.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

I mean, it's not Calder trophy, but "that goalie" does have a heart trophy (among others)

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016

8.5 M for a top 5 goal scorer this season is bad now.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
You forgot the 11.6 million dollar player with the shortest term of them all who hasnt cracked 70 points yet.

Eichal signed for full 8 year term and Price had won a Hart trophy. Matthews doesnt have anywhere close to the hardware Price did and Prices contract was full 8 years plus he was a UFA. Matthews was an RFA and he got that deal which is why it affects the rest of the league. Even Draisaitl at least got 8 years with his contract.

Eichel hasn't even hit 65 points yet.. Drai hasn't centered his own line with that deal. Price in retrospect is over paid and was at the time too. Flawed logic. Even if drai and Eichel have nice contracts.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Well there is a Leafs player who's never cracked 70pts who just got $11.5M...

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Eichel hasn't even hit 65 points yet.. Drai hasn't centered his own line with that deal. Price in retrospect is over paid and was at the time too. Flawed logic. Even if drai and Eichel have nice contracts.
Eichal got a full 8 year deal and by your logic Matthews shouldnt get his contract because he hasnt hit 70 points. Theres a huge difference between Eichals 8 year deal and Matthew's 5 year deal. Also Draisaitl had a better playoffs than Mcdavid right when he got his deal and even he got full UFA deals. None of those are close to as bad as Matthews.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Eichal got a full 8 year deal and by your logic Matthews shouldnt get his contract because he hasnt hit 70 points. Theres a huge difference between Eichals 8 year deal and Matthew's 5 year deal. Also Draisaitl had a better playoffs than Mcdavid right when he got his deal and even he got full UFA deals. None of those are close to as bad as Matthews.
Dude. You said Matthews hasn't hit 70 points so he doesn't deserve his contract, yet you said Eichels is fine even though he hasn't even hit 65 points .. Do you see how silly that is. Regardless of contract length. And should I remind you of the other notable star player who took 5 year deals post elc?

Also again your using a insanely small sample size for drai. By your logic he's >> McDavid cause of the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad