Canadian Starting Goalie for 2014 Olympics

RDRR

Sep 26, 2009
Price is already better than Luongo.

Sorry but Luongo has no mental toughness.

No he isn't.

Who here still thinks Halak is better than Luongo?

Let's face it: you guy's like to call Luongo inconsistent. It's fun. It's the "in thing" to do.

But as goalies go, he's as consistent as you can get. He was in the league putting up good numbers 5 years ago, and he'll probably still be doing so 5 years from now.

Plenty hot goalies have come and gone, all supposedly better then Luongo, all a thing of the past.

The books been out on Luongo for years and years according to you people.

But he's still here.

And he's still a good goalie.

And he was the only reason that SCF went to 7 games.

DingoAteMyBaby

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver
I don't understand how Luongo won't be the starter.

He proved he can win it already and proved that not every goalie is capable of winning with team Canada. He'll be 34 at the time and continues to become better and better.

Luongo
Price

embee

Apr 29, 2011
Ignoring the fact that this is 3 years away and a rediculous question....

Bernier? Reimer? Are people delusional?

Bernier isn't even an NHL starter, Reimer has played what, 40 games in the NHL?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Team Canada has always been a bit of an old boys club, so I have a feeling Luongo will be given the reigns. He's won it before and I doubt he'll slow down all that much, over the next three years. By then, he'll probably have another Vezina nomination or two and maybe even a cup.

But if he continues to suffer from inconsistent play in the playoffs, I think you'll see Price get the nod.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It's three years away, still too far away. So in the interest of playing along, it'll be three of the following: Crawford, Fluery, Luongo, Price, Ward.

mpleafan

Jul 7, 2010
You guys are overlooking brodeur! he'll still be healthy and playing by then, right? (SARCASM)

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
The rest of the team won gold. The next Canadian team will not be as good as the last couple which means we need a great goaltender. We've seen how Lou held up when the team in front of him fell asleep in the SCF. No thx.

Why not?

JackZap

May 7, 2009
Price needs to prove that last year wasnt a fluke before being #1 on that list

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'd be willing to wager that Luongo is as much of a sure bet as any Canadian goaltender to make the next Olympic team and start.

Kid Canesten

Feb 1, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I might be nit-picking but MAF "One of the best goalies in the league?"

I think that's a gross exaggeration.

i would have to argue he is in the upper echelon of the leagues goalies. i feel that after crosby and malkin went down this year, maf took pittsburgh on his back and led them to the playoffs.

hockeywoot

Oct 29, 2010
China
Roberto Luongo. Duh.

So we can win "in spite" of him again.
I don't even like Luongo, but those comments make me laugh.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Luongo will begin as the starter much like Brodeur began as the starter.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but it's the truth.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You mean the SCF that would have been lost in 5 if not for Luongo stealing 2 games? The SCF where the Canucks lost because they couldn't score?

No, I mean the first round where Price recorded a .934 save % with one shutout against the same Bruins that won the cup, along with the SCF.

Having watched both, it's quite a stretch to say that Luongo is far better than Price, if at all better.

Do you disagree?

Not every post I make is a bash against Luongo, but if you view me saying that Luongo is not far better than Price as a bash, then I guess I'll be bashing him all day long.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Luongo will begin as the starter much like Brodeur began as the starter.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but it's the truth.

It's still 2 full playoffs away before they have to choose, if it were in 2012, I'd have a hard time believing Luongo would be the clear cut starter. If Luongo somewhat redeems himself between now and then, then I agree he'll probably get the nod with short reins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad