Canadian Starting Goalie for 2014 Olympics

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I think by that time Price might be the best Canadian goalie. Luongo won it for Canada in Vancouver though, and Ward is an amazing goalie as well. Canada is very well off when it comes to goalies, obviously.

NotAPuckBunny

May 7, 2011
SFU
I wouldn't be surprised if Luongo starts because he got it done before.
But I think Ward or Price should start, and Luongo after.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Price Ward ans Fleury. Who knows there will probably be a wildcard thrown in there too.

tututooter21

Aug 18, 2010
B.C.
Goalies get better the older they get so who knows,

Price, Ward, Fleury, Luongo, Bernier, Random goalie who breaks out

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I'd say Fleury based on experience. Price would do a great job filling in if any question marks popped up in his game though. I think Canada would do just fine with either...heck they won gold with Ro8erto frickin 7uon5o in net :)

Last edited:

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
MAF. He's going to have a few dynamite seasons before then, plus he'll be the most experienced of the candidates in terms of playoffs + Olympics.

Sundance

You Can Never Get To
Sep 7, 2010
Lillyhammer
Crawford, Bernier and Reimer. :p

Luongo (if he hasn't been run out of Canada by then), Price and Ward/Fleury (whichever impresses most)

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
I'd love it if it were Price, Ward and Bernier. And it's possible. Loungo being the third is more likely, though... Then again...

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I agree. I would say anyone but Luongo at this point.

Wow you people. Luongo has the best record and stats of any long-tenured Team Canada goalie ever; and yet you want to run him out of town. :huh::loony:

Luongo Team Canada (senior):
23gp, 17-2-3-4, 1.94gaa,

KingJet*

I'm gonna call Ward, Price, Fleury, Bernier or Reimer for the 2014 Olympics. Who knows but I'm just speculating, but I think it will be

Reimer
Ward
Price

Kid Canesten

Feb 1, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Wow you people. Luongo has the best record and stats of any long-tenured Team Canada goalie ever; and yet you want to run him out of town. :huh::loony:

Luongo Team Canada (senior):
23gp, 17-2-3-4, 1.94gaa,

stats are a big part, but it doesnt tell the whole story. while watching the gold medal game, you could see the difference between luongo and miller. luongo looked shaky while miller oozed with confidence. i felt worried everytime team USA went a rush.

during this season, and the mtl/bos series, carey price seemed to exude that confidence that miller had. if price keeps it up for the next 2 years, id like to see price start.

my order would be: price, maf (paid his dues as a 3rd string goalie for olympic team and one of the best goalies in the league) and ward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad